Camera won't save pictures

Bro Duran

Reaction score
This is a new problem. When taking a picture with the stock camera app, it isn't saving the picture. A black box shows up in the preview box. Nothing shows up in the gallery. Any help or advice would be great, thanks.

SS v4.72
LV 1.1
Watermark'd theme

i had this issue too. i did a data wipe and it fixed it, but the camera was still sluggish

there is another thread about camera issues, probably on the second page now, where Chevy posted a link to a new Camera.apk that seems to be helping some people with camera issues

I had that too

It hit me last night running 4.7 p2. I haven't tried pushing the new camera apk, I'm assuming he'll include that in 4.8 which will be out soon.

I found that a quick reboot of the phone temporarily fixed it. I was able to take about 4 pics before it started acting up and not saving them. After reboot, it was saving them just fine.

[shrugs]

My son's Droid has this issue too, fully stock and unrooted. I haven't noticed any issues with mine, running SS 4.7 with Chevy's ULV 1.2G kernel.

Ok I got a couple problems here. First off is the stock camera app. I can take pics with it, but then when I go into the gallery to look at them, it's just a box with a grey outline..no picture. When I try a camera app like Camera360 or FXCamera, I get errors and force closes when I try to take a picture. Anyone have any suggestions on this. I'm not running a custom ROM, just rooted stock 2.2.2 FRG83G. The apps and the stock camera app worked about 1 week ago.

I have a D1 running UD 3.0.1 and I'm having the same problem. I can record video files, but when I snap a picture they just don't save. I have about 450 saved pictures on my phone, I don't know if its a memory issue but basically, yeah I can't take any pics on my droid anymore, kinda sucks...

have either of you tried reseating the sd card? i had a similar problem a while back and that fixed it for me. might not do the trick but it's worth a shot.

have either of you tried reseating the sd card? i had a similar problem a while back and that fixed it for me. might not do the trick but it's worth a shot.

Yeah I tried that, I got mine fixed though. I'm thinking it has something to do with MIUI. I flashed CM7s nightly build #38 and now everything works fine. Thanks though!

Sent from my CM7 Droid using DroidForums

Just upgraded to latest version of UltimateDroid and among other fixes, my camera works and saves pictures perfectly now. Just one question tho, does anybody know why UD isn't listed in RomManager anymore? I paid for that app just for UD and now its not there anymore. I just as easily downloaded the new rom from udrom.com but having it right in the RomManager was nice. Is there a back story or some drama behind this?

I had the same issue two days ago-I could take pictures but then they weren't in the gallery when I opened it up, just empty boxes. I dialed back my overclock from 1Ghz/58vsl to 800/58vsl thinking maybe it wasn't stable and all is well now. Not sure why b/c it was working at the higher speed for well over a week prior to the picture incident.

Back