Can droid stream old episodes of this american life, from their website?

moot

Reaction score
Hi, I know I can link to the rss feed using streamfurious, but it only has the current week's episode. Is there a way to stream old episodes, either through the website's episode archive or through an unofficial rss feed.

I tried this website: This American Life - Radio Archive with dolpin browser and clicking on the listen link just brings me to a new page with a blue box.

Thanks

After some more searching on the website, I do not believe this is possible. If anyone has information to the contrary, please share!

Thanks

Looks like they are all only available for one week. This American Life - Podcast Says they are in the process of moving he old episodes, so they'll eventually be back. If you go to itunes, you can listen to it by syncing itunes with your droid. But they only have one week at a time free.

Last edited:
I tried them. Unfortunately those archive links use flash so when it becomes available they should work. Anyway I found an app that might have what you're looking for. It's by Google and it's called 'listen'. I searched for 'this american life' and it brought up tons of links. Hopefully this helps.

I've been using the listen app to listen to this American life and The moth.

I tried them. Unfortunately those archive links use flash so when it becomes available they should work. Anyway I found an app that might have what you're looking for. It's by Google and it's called 'listen'. I searched for 'this american life' and it brought up tons of links. Hopefully this helps.

OK, I just tried that and it comes back with 18 results, only one of which is actually an episode of This American Life. But if I subscribe the podcast to Google Reader, I can get the last 3 weeks of them to play on the PC.

OK, I just tried that and it comes back with 18 results, only one of which is actually an episode of This American Life. But if I subscribe the podcast to Google Reader, I can get the last 3 weeks of them to play on the PC.

Yeah you're right, out of all those results I picked up only 2 feeds. Hmmmm having flash would solve so many issues........It can't come soon enough.

Ah, I see. Thank you very much for your replies, everyone. I guess I'll just pine away, for flash, until it comes out in early 2010?

Btw, I love The Moth, as well. I'll have to catch a live show, sometime.

Back