Cannot play music in car through USB

tuffscott

Reaction score
All:

I have the Droid 2 and cannot play music on the SD card through USB on my car stereo like I did with my ex-Windows Phone. The Droid 2 is far superior in every way, but this is killing me! I'm thinking the stereo is only reading the first drive, which comes up in the form of a cd-rom device with the Motoconnect application on it.

My question is... is there a way to disable this Motoconnect cd-rom device on the Droid 2? I have looked all over and could not find an answer that pertains to the Droid 2 on this issue.

Thank you all for any support you can lend. Hopefully this is an easy one.

-Scott
:mad:

Hi,

Try disconnecting the blue tooth either from your phone or the car only when you want to play music from your Droid, reconnect after wood....

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but I am not using Bluetooth with my stereo as that isn't an option for me. As I said in my previous post, I am using USB.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Make sure you have the correct USB mode set. Should be "USB Mass Storage" Works fine on my stock Chevy HHR SS Radio. :)

Blue Tooth Interruption:

Hi Again,

I don't think I was clear before, my questions are, do you have blue tooth on your devices? Are they both set to on in either devices (auto and droid)? If blue tooth is set to on for both devices, you will not get sound from your droid, I know because I had a similar situation. Try setting blue tooth on both devices (car & phone) to off, then try your music with the USB.

I do not have a Bluetooth enabled car stereo. I did just try disabling it on the phone, just to try and it still did not work. Does anyone know how I can easily disable the Motoconnect cdrom device on the Droid 2? It does not have a feature menu when I dial ##PROGRAM. Any insight to that?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I went to the Verizon store today on this very issue and they had no idea, so they called tech support for me...tech support suggested, while the phone is plugged into my computer, to go into the folders and move all of my music from the music folder and just dump it into the general phone area with no folder at all...I haven't tried this yet, but will update when I do.

Ok... I've rooted my phone using SuperOneClick 1.5.5

Since nothing has worked thus far, I went ahead and rooted my phone with SuperOneClick 1.5.5, and it went without a hitch. Now I just need to find out how I can disable the drive that pops up with the Motoconnect application to see if that is why my radio won't pick up the second (SD card) drive. I am going to move this to a new thread to hopefully pick up more attention. Thanks to everyone's help so far!

-Scott

Yeah, I am in the same boat. How can we disable this stupid CDROM drive? I am waiting for a call back from Motorola level 3 support on this exact issue. So far, everyone is clueless. Any one here with any insight on where to look on a rooted phone? Maybe replace the server responsible for USB Mass Storage with Stock (if it is not)?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I will need to send this back to Verizon....

If i get an answer from Motorola, I will post here.

I wonder if Gingerbread will give us the option to disable that drive. Anyone have a Droid 2/D2G with Gingerbread who can verify this?

I haven't tried pluggin my D2 into my car usb. I use a flash drive on that. and I bought a bluetooth receiver for my car that plugs into the aux port.

Have you put your phone into usb debugging mode? And then put the phone into mass storage mode too.

Sent from my DROID2

If you're rooted try renaming the apk called: SocialShare.apk.

Just rename it SocialShare.bak or something. This file is located in the System/app folder. Reboot the phone and try connecting again.

Back