Can't get 3G to work after ICS update.

Andrewz

Reaction score
Hi can someone please help me. My Rezound was working properly with the 3g running and everything, until about two days ago the battery died and when I charged it and turn it back on all it did was boot up to the lock screen and re-booted it self over and over and over again. I had to do a factory after the factory reset I got the ICS update and now I can't get the 3g service to work on the phone.

Does anyone know how to work this out. Please I'm suffering without my data service!!

Andrew

Hi can someone please help me. My Rezound was working properly with the 3g running and everything, until about two days ago the battery died and when I charged it and turn it back on all it did was boot up to the lock screen and re-booted it self over and over and over again. I had to do a factory after the factory reset I got the ICS update and now I can't get the 3g service to work on the phone.

Does anyone know how to work this out. Please I'm suffering without my data service!!

Andrew
Is this the OTA upgrade, or did you flash an RUU? Is anyone else around you on VZW having any issues with mobile data?

Try toggling Airplane mode on, wait a couple minutes, then toggle it off.

Go into Setting and verify Mobile Network is enabled.

Go into Settings-Mobile Network-Network Mode and try toggling between the modes (LTE/CDMA is 4G, CDMA only is 3G). Make sure to wait up to 5 minutes between switching modes, although it is usually fairly quick, it can take up to that for the phone to reconnect after changing modes.

Power off the phone, remove the battery and SIM card for about 30 minutes, then reinsert both and power up.

And, of course, did you do a Factory Reset after getting the ICS update? It is HIGHLY recommended!

Call Verizon tech support... note that they will probably want you to do the above, including the factory reset as well.

Last edited:
I think it's the RUU update.What I did was, I downloaded the ICS and loaded it to my memory card on the phone and did the boot load from the screen that comes up after I would press the volume down button and the power button together. I'm not familiar with all the different codes that you all use. My knowledge is limited to those.

I'm sure it's not the OTA though as I know that means Over the Air :)

I will try your steps that you gave. I didn't do the factory reset after the update so I will do that now and see what happens after that.

Thanks will let you know if I get it working.

Andrew

Try this :

Take the back cover off and leave it off for now.

Next, boot up the phone.

Go into the setting and toggle the 3G / LTE. back and forth a few times between 3G only and 3G/LTE.

Put back cover back on the phone.

If all seems good, reboot phone and see if the problem is gone.

Explanation :The bootlooping problem was likely caused by the phone somehow being set to something other than CDMA/LTE. Possibly gsm, wcdma, etc.. The back of the rezound contains the antennas. With the cover removed the phone can not receive any cell radio signals - thus temporarily stopping the rebooting problem.

The hidden 4636 menu is the best way to switch the radio back into CDMA/LTE mode, but was removed from the ICS version. There are apps like hzutils which can allow access to the hidden 4636 menu even on ICS.

Last edited:
Ah, a full RUU load... a little different story. You can try the stuff that HowardZ recommends (he knows his stuff!) But did you flash it TWICE? This is an occassional issue for some reason, consider re-flashing until you are prompted to reboot, boot fully, then power down and flash a second time completely, and continue.

I still cant get the mobile 3g service activated on my phone. Anybody knows how to unlock the GSM part of the phone?

I still cant get the mobile 3g service activated on my phone. Anybody knows how to unlock the GSM part of the phone?

You need the 4.03.605.2 RUU which isn't official yet. But it enables the worldphone features.

Andrew, what exactly did you install. Unfortunately some developers name their rom in a confusing way which may make one think it is an ruu.

The following is the ruu of Verizon's ics for our rezound phone.

[Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12)

The following is the leaked ruu of the global phone which has not yet been officially released.

[Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

I hope you didn't install anything else thinking it was an ruu leaked from Verizon

Back