Can't root..."Device not found"

debdado

Reaction score
I am using a mac and trying to root my bionic. I have rooted by Droid X in the past, so not totally foreign to the process. Seem to have the correct file to load, USB debugging turned on, tried both "Charge Only" and "PC mode." Continues to not find my device. Any ideas???? This is starting to make me a bit crazy. Someone suggested a factory reset in another post. I will try that, but if anyone has other ideas, please send them my way:mad:

do you have the ADB drivers installed if not it will not work

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Just checked on the point of needing ABD drivers. Looks like macs don't need those drivers. I rooted my Droid X on my mac in the past. I hear thta mostly everyone is able to to it, but for some reason, I can not. Using Terminal, using correct files, USB debugging turned on, tried connecting via "Charge only" and PC Mode" Also, did a factory reset, as suggested in some other posts for problems. Tried different USB port. Phone is definitelt connected and recognized by my computer (shows charging icon). Nothing is working for me.

Just checked on the point of needing ABD drivers. Looks like macs don't need those drivers. I rooted my Droid X on my mac in the past. I hear thta mostly everyone is able to to it, but for some reason, I can not. Using Terminal, using correct files, USB debugging turned on, tried connecting via "Charge only" and PC Mode" Also, did a factory reset, as suggested in some other posts for problems. Tried different USB port. Phone is definitelt connected and recognized by my computer (shows charging icon). Nothing is working for me.

okay next question what usb cable are you using? many people have had issues with other than the 1 that came with the phone... they will charge but will not allow data transfer...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

USB Debugging is on. I turned it on a off a few times just to make sure. Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe I should write down my whole process and people could see if I am missing something. I am soooooo perplexed.

Whole process. Downloaded "droidbionicrootlinuxmac" then unzipped. Opened folder with six things in it. Plugged in phone. Set to Charge only (also did PC Mode a few times too). Checked USB Debugging, ON. Opened terminal
Last login: Sun Oct 30 13:53:10 on ttys000
deborahdados-MacBook-Pro:~ deborahdado$ cd Desktop/droidbionicrootlinuxmac/
deborahdados-MacBook-Pro:droidbionicrootlinuxmac deborahdado$ sh run_to_root_your_droid3.sh
error: device not found
* DROID 3 Easy Root script v7d *
* Please make sure you meet these pre-requisites:
* (a) install the correct driver... er, nevermind, we don't need no stinkin' drivers
* (b) turn on USB debugging (on your phone under Settings -> Applications)
* (c) plug in your phone and set your USB mode to 'PC Mode' (on Linux)
* or 'Charge Only' mode (on Mac)
* (but if it hangs waiting for the phone to connect, set it the other way)
* READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID 3 WHEN YOU ARE!
* Press enter to continue...
If I ignore the earlier error message and push enter, I get this message.
Waiting for your phone to be connected...

Just can't figure what is wrong. Please help:mad:

I don't have a mac but I was having problems with the drivers. I was plugging my usb cable into the front of my computer and it wouldn't load the mtp driver. When I plugged the cable into the back of the computer, it loaded it up with no problems at all. Ran oneroot and everything went fine.

Whole process. Downloaded "droidbionicrootlinuxmac" then unzipped. Opened folder with six things in it. Plugged in phone. Set to Charge only (also did PC Mode a few times too). Checked USB Debugging, ON. Opened terminal
Last login: Sun Oct 30 13:53:10 on ttys000
deborahdados-MacBook-Pro:~ deborahdado$ cd Desktop/droidbionicrootlinuxmac/
deborahdados-MacBook-Pro:droidbionicrootlinuxmac deborahdado$ sh run_to_root_your_droid3.sh
error: device not found
* DROID 3 Easy Root script v7d *
* Please make sure you meet these pre-requisites:
* (a) install the correct driver... er, nevermind, we don't need no stinkin' drivers
* (b) turn on USB debugging (on your phone under Settings -> Applications)
* (c) plug in your phone and set your USB mode to 'PC Mode' (on Linux)
* or 'Charge Only' mode (on Mac)
* (but if it hangs waiting for the phone to connect, set it the other way)
* READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID 3 WHEN YOU ARE!
* Press enter to continue...
If I ignore the earlier error message and push enter, I get this message.
Waiting for your phone to be connected...

Just can't figure what is wrong. Please help:mad:

Still don't have an answer to my problem. Any help would be appreciated. Very frustrating! Any mac people out there who can figure why the computer can't find the device? Yes, USB debugging is turned on.:mad: Tried both Charge only and PD mode!

Back