Can't send email from Contacts Widget

sdo782

Reaction score
Hi all -

I'm a new member here. I just got a Droid X a few weeks ago, and I'm pretty in love with it. It has definitely taken me a while to fully appreciate its awesomeness, I'm really glad I made the switch from my Blackberry!

Here's my question. I had to stop using the phone's native Email application because it sucked; specifically, I had problems sending messages from my work email (a corporate gmail account). But then I realized I could just use the gmail app for both work and personal accounts (don't know why it took me so long to realize that!).

I downloaded LauncherProPlus, and use the People widgets. However, when I try to email people from the widget shortcut, it says "Cannot find any email accounts configured on this device." I think I had this same problem before using LPP, even with the Motoblur Contacts Widget.

It seems like the only way you can send an email using the widget's shortcut if is you're using the phone's native email application?? Is that correct? Is there any way to fix that? Hopefully a way that doesn't involve a hard reset?

Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions.

Last edited:
If you still have the problem

I could get emails all day and I could send them through the native email app. Problem is, when I would try to send an email by pressing the email button in contacts, or when I was using an app, say, Craigslist Notifier and wanted to reply, I would get a error box saying "No email account is configured to this device"

Open the AppTray, go to my accounts, and click add *Email* (the orange icon) and add your email account. If you want to use the same gmail account already configured, use it. There will then be [email protected] for the GMAIL app, and [email protected] for EMAIL. I dont know why it's like that....developement problems I guess.dancedroid

Back