Car home and stock launcher issues

mgarwood

Reaction score
Hello! I have some questions about the car home app and the stock launcher.

Was the car home on the "rom-less" DX blur? I use the music on the car home on a daily basis, and I really dislike this version of the app because:
- I have to select what song I want to start playing every time I put my phone in the dock. The regular car home app remembered where I was last and resumed play.
- When you select music, it is the stock music app. This doesn't work for me because the buttons are much smaller (a lot harder to manipulate when driving), and the text is miniscule and very hard to see.
How can I get that car home back?

Also, is there currently any way to change the shortcuts on the launcher? I don't even use the normal browser, and I certainly don't need a shortcut to it on every screen.

Thanks! This is my first experience with a rom, and so far I really like it.

I think the your issue is with the music player, not the dock app. Try installing the blur music in the toolbox. Not for sure if this well help, just a thought. You might want to try custom car home if you don't like the stock car home app.

Would I need the blur music player APK for that? (I'm thinking yes ^.^) If not...I guess I'm missing an easier way to do things? lol

I ask because I couldn't find it via a Google search. Any tips on good places to find APK files?

Hello! I have some questions about the car home app and the stock launcher.

Was the car home on the "rom-less" DX blur? I use the music on the car home on a daily basis, and I really dislike this version of the app because:
- I have to select what song I want to start playing every time I put my phone in the dock. The regular car home app remembered where I was last and resumed play.
- When you select music, it is the stock music app. This doesn't work for me because the buttons are much smaller (a lot harder to manipulate when driving), and the text is miniscule and very hard to see.
How can I get that car home back?

Also, is there currently any way to change the shortcuts on the launcher? I don't even use the normal browser, and I certainly don't need a shortcut to it on every screen.

Thanks! This is my first experience with a rom, and so far I really like it.

We originally had the car dock from blur in the add-ons but it had a few issues... Like contacts didn't pull up because it was looking for blur contacts..

If someone wanted to work on that APK and get it working we would be more than happy to readd it to the addons. I use the car dock on a daily basis as well and personally prefer the android one. I really like the option to manage the buttons how I want. For example on my primary screen for the car dock I have Pandora, Music and Radio.com

this seems to work really well for my needs but I can understand if you really want those huge buttons for music playback

Back