Cell Phone Doesn't Recognize the Initial Password

ericljunggren

Reaction score
Folks,

My Droid Razr HD 4G has changed it's password to a Google derived password, but it's not recognizing any of my passwords (as I have 3 email accounts).

Any suggestions? The Verizon store is clueless.

Eric

Last edited:
It appears as though I've found the problem. Somewhere along the line I set the memory up to encrypted, but didn't record the password for that. Now I get to reboot the entire phone and start all over.

Totally my fault and a lesson I won't forget,
Eric

Well, I'm glad you caught it, but that was going to be my suggestion as well. Encryption has been a MAJOR headache for some, and has cost at least one member countless precious memories of her son singing. I think encryption is a double-edged sword. In order to protect yourself from the loss of data with encryption, you have to have backup copies of that data elsewhere. So what protects THAT data and do you then need to have a backup of the backup...sounds ridiculous, I know - but rather than lose everything I'd sooner put it all onto a hard drive and stick the drive on a shelf.

My recommendation is that NOBODY use encryption, EXCEPT if the phone is TOTALLY for business and the data you carry is sensitive in nature. Also in that case, I recommend that the data also is backed up onto a work server or cloud server so that a Factory Data Reset isn't the end of the world for you.

Take care and good luck! :biggrin:

Back