Chance to buy Used Nexus

Alphaman

Reaction score
Hello fellow Droider's,

I have a chance to buy a Nexus today from an acquaintance at a reduced price. I've never met this person so is there a way I can check the phone out when buying to make sure it's a good phone? I know I need to call Verizon with the ESN# and make sure it's good but is there a way to check that the phone is good? The person says the phone hasn't been rooted. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

My plan is to meet them in person and boot it up, but I guess there's no way to tell if it has glitches or a problem? I will go through the screens but that's really all I know to do?

My plan is to meet them in person and boot it up, but I guess there's no way to tell if it has glitches or a problem? I will go through the screens but that's really all I know to do?

Biggest thing will be the esn meet up at a verizon to have them check most glitches can be hammered out on the forum

Sent from a krunked fascinate

Check for hardware issues and the ESN. Software issues can most likely be resolved through flashing the stock images if necessary.

Definitely meet at a Verizon store. They can confirm the ESN is clear and then provide you with the micro sim you'll need for the phone at no cost.

I just went through the same thing as you. I met at a local Verizon store so they could check the esn and everything went well. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Well they're saying the phone is new but I'm not really believing it. I figure it must have been activated and used at some point but I havent seen it yet. I don't have an upgrade available and can't add another line right now without it sending red flags to the spouse so I can pick this up outright for 5 bills. Cheapest I've seen is 6.5 bills outright.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

You can buy it from Verizon for $650 off contract. If you have any doubt I wouldn't buy one for $500 unless it's in perfect condition.

You can buy it from Verizon for $650 off contract. If you have any doubt I wouldn't buy one for $500 unless it's in perfect condition.

He's saying its new but I' ll check...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Back