Changing Boot Animation from Liberty.

Aranos

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and I am in need of assistance. I have a rooted Droid 2 that was formerly running the Liberty 1.5 Rom. The problem arose when recently my lock/power button stopped working. In order to have it be covered under warranty, I needed to return my phone to stock. I originally tried restoring it to my previous state.
That worked except for 1 issue. My phone still has the Boot animation from the liberty ROM. I've tried just about everything I've read so far. First of all, I tried reinstalling liberty. I've done this a few times. When I try this the phone hangs after the liberty boot animation and wont go any farther. I have to flash it with an sbf each time to get it working again.
I also tried pushing a downloaded version of the bootanimation.zip to the /system/Media folder to no avail. I found a file in the /system/bin file with the name bootanimation, and I moved it. The phone no longer has the liberty boot animation, but it doesn't have any boot animation at all. I've tried replacing the file in the /system/bin folder with the bootanimation.zip that I acquired that is the original stock droid 2 boot animation. No luck, I still have no boot animation.
If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. I really need a phone and right now I cant connect to Verizon's network because it lost the network information when flashing the sbf file.

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and I am in need of assistance. I have a rooted Droid 2 that was formerly running the Liberty 1.5 Rom. The problem arose when recently my lock/power button stopped working. In order to have it be covered under warranty, I needed to return my phone to stock. I originally tried restoring it to my previous state.
That worked except for 1 issue. My phone still has the Boot animation from the liberty ROM. I've tried just about everything I've read so far. First of all, I tried reinstalling liberty. I've done this a few times. When I try this the phone hangs after the liberty boot animation and wont go any farther. I have to flash it with an sbf each time to get it working again.
I also tried pushing a downloaded version of the bootanimation.zip to the /system/Media folder to no avail. I found a file in the /system/bin file with the name bootanimation, and I moved it. The phone no longer has the liberty boot animation, but it doesn't have any boot animation at all. I've tried replacing the file in the /system/bin folder with the bootanimation.zip that I acquired that is the original stock droid 2 boot animation. No luck, I still have no boot animation.
If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. I really need a phone and right now I cant connect to Verizon's network because it lost the network information when flashing the sbf file.

use the jrummy app bootlogo changer in the market. it has the droid 2 boot logo

If this is still not resolved I'm pretty sure you use root explorer and change the bootanimation.zip folder which is located in the /data/local folder. That worked for me.

Sent from my Liberated&Honeycombed D2

Here's the stock D2 boot animation. I needed it too since my camera isn't working so I'm taking it to Verizon. Found it with a quick search, it was on these forums. Works fine, just move to Data/Local in Root Explorer.

Is there a way besides using root explorer??? Like a free app?

Liberty toolbox. I don't think you need liberty to use that portion of the app.its in the market

Sent from my Liberated&Honeycombed D2

If you have your own animation you can have liberty toolbox place it in the correct folder for you...

Back