Changing bootloader with root tools app.

blazehok68

Reaction score
so....using this app, i have selected the bootloader i want to change to, and it says it is downloading, but when i reboot, it doesnt change the bootloader.

i go into astro file manager and i can find the boot animation on the sd card as a zip file.

i go into droid2 bootstrapper and boot into clockwork and try to install the zip file, and it aborts the download. tried it on 2 different bootloaders.

any clue?

Yes I do mean boot animation. My bad. I don't think.it is locked. Im rooted with liberty GB. 596

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ok, boot animation is not something that's locked. Try a new download and doublecheck the instructions on how it gets installed.

You don't flash new boot animations. Use Root Explorer to move it to data/local and make sure its named bootanimation.zip.

Or you can also move it to system/media

CM74DX

You don't flash new boot animations. Use Root Explorer to move it to data/local and make sure its named bootanimation.zip.

Or you can also move it to system/media

CM74DX

OK so i downloaded root explorer and copy and pasted the file to data/local. nothing happened. then i did the same to system /media without removing it from data/local. nothing happened. it was named bootanimation.zip also.

now what?

Are you sure you don't have 2 boot animations in the folder? For example, the old one and the new one?

CM74DX

Are you sure you don't have 2 boot animations in the folder? For example, the old one and the new one?

CM74DX

When i went in there the first time, i deleted the first boot animation i saw, but there were 3 other folders in the local folder that i did not open. is it possible that there would be one in there?

CM74DX

When i went in there the first time, i deleted the first boot animation i saw, but there were 3 other folders in the local folder that i did not open. is it possible that there would be one in there?

checked that and there were no other files.

Make sure there are no bootanimation.zip files in either /data/local/ or /system/media/, then go ahead and paste the bootanimation.zip that you want into the /data/local/ directory, make sure permissions are "rw-r--r--" and then reboot and enjoy your new animation. This is probably the easiest way to do it when you have issues.

Also make sure the file is actually named "bootanimation.zip," other wise it will not work.

Last edited:
Make sure there are no bootanimation.zip files in either /data/local/ or /system/media/, then go ahead and paste the bootanimation.zip that you want into the /data/local/ directory, make sure permissions are "rw-r--r--" and then reboot and enjoy your new animation. This is probably the easiest way to do it when you have issues.

Also make sure the file is actually named "bootanimation.zip," other wise it will not work.

did that. still nothing. i shouldnt say nothing. before i put liberty or GB on my x, I had 2 different animations on there. the first one, i just tried again and it loaded up. as for all the other ones that ive been trying to load, when i reboot, the second one that i loaded before liberty or gb, is the one that keeps on coming back on. when i find the 1st boot animation in root explorer, and i get to the screen that says "bootanimation.zp" i can click on it and there is another file folder behind it. with all of the other animations, i can not do this.

also, the boot animation that keeps coming back up, i can not find the file for it. both of them were downloaded in root tools.

should i delete all of the animations that i dl'ed from root tools, uninstall the root tools app, and retry downloading it all once again?

Back