Checking interesting on aesthetic, custom cases.

pointzero1

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the product to show off, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a case that was more about looking aesthetically pleasing with a dash of custom personalization, than any real protection from say... drops.

Or, is the sole reason for getting a case for pure protection and nothing else?

Would love to hear your feedback and thoughts.

Thanks.

there are people on here that will buy both. just have to find them :)

any more detail what you plan on designing?

No concrete details yet, but I have a couple ideas inspired by the Droid X body language. I'm still waiting on my Droid X, so once I get it, ill definitely post up prototypes and more details.

Good question, It will depend on which material's i plan to use and more specifically how and what the design of the cases will be. I may need to make molds, or I may be able to band saw or router them, it really depends on what the final design turns out to be.

So at this moment, it's up in the air.

Im also making my own case, VVV banner below VVV, I already am at the plastic prototype stage and can help out my competition, lol. I am using Polyurethane its a pourable plastic that you mix and cures in minutes (I havent actually poured anything yet). I am at the prototype stage due to this nifty plastic called "Friendly Plastic", it took me about a week and was probably one of the most difficult things I have ever made due to its small size. Friendly plastic turns to a candle wax consistency when in warm water 160 Degrees infant and solidifies at room temperature. I have been working on clay models since I was very young and still this was challenging to get it to production quality for the mold. Too bad we dont live near each other or we could partner up.

Thanks for the advice and offer though. I actually did check out your signature banner thread earlier today, I can't wait to see the actual prototype and or final product. For production, will you be making it yourself? Because as you noted, it sounds extremely difficult.

Thanks for the advice and offer though. I actually did check out your signature banner thread earlier today, I can't wait to see the actual prototype and or final product. For production, will you be making it yourself? Because as you noted, it sounds extremely difficult.

I actually have a patent pending on some of the functions of my case, that's what is really going to knock peoples socks off, you wouldn't believe what my case can do, lol. Unfortunately, nobody seems to care! They really just care about the looks of the thing, I bet I could sell a standard case that looks good for $20 without the extra functions, hopefully that attitude will change when the functions gets released.

People probably just want to see the actual thing first. They probably don't want to get their hopes up for something that might never come out. I think it's just human nature. Once you have a working prototype or final version to show off, I'm sure you will get more support, especially with all these awesome features u are promising.

Updated Details #1

After many many revisions, I finally created a logo and name I like for the upcoming products. I will be creating "accessories" for both the Droid 2 and the Droid X, with Droid 1 support coming in the future.

Accessories can be docks, cases, skins, and even wallpapers, basically anything that allows a user to accessorize and customize their Droid phone.

So here is the name and logo of the first product that I will create within the next two months.

Let me know what you all think of the logo and feel free to speculate what the logo's mean and on what the product might look like, if you get it on the dot, I may be willing to send out (1) good job free unit, once it's done, haha.

Attachments

• Chroma Logo Version 4s.jpg
    Chroma Logo Version 4s.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 392
Updated Details #1

After many many revisions, I finally created a logo and name I like for the upcoming products. I will be creating "accessories" for both the Droid 2 and the Droid X, with Droid 1 support coming in the future.

Accessories can be docks, cases, skins, and even wallpapers, basically anything that allows a user to accessorize and customize their Droid phone.

So here is the name and logo of the first product that I will create within the next two months.

Let me know what you all think of the logo and feel free to speculate what the logo's mean and on what the product might look like, if you get it on the dot, I may be willing to send out (1) good job free unit, once it's done, haha.

Seems to me (from the logo) that these will be skins or very thin cases that are more for appearance than protection.

Just my guess

hey guys i could share with you some case picture

hey guys, i would share with you some picture which handmade by traditional technology, any one interested in it please pm me.

ogn0na9qcx8ul7tb1nqv_thumb.jpg

cqo8zwh79iv6nhyidl92_thumb.jpg
hmbeckvoo6whiqucdaeo_thumb.jpg
zgw3uff4jd3mb53zb01u_thumb.jpg
2cwc0yjs9hbo9v8sjtis_thumb.jpg
7e1pb479bc1hbr9ri6zf_thumb.jpg
1so5efgwauc5k8zrh0be_thumb.jpg
4dd7pekcs946aden9bdl_thumb.jpg

Back