Circle/Button on back of TB?

The phone's gotta have a tailpipe somewhere to vent all the heat from the battery and CPU! :)

No, it's the second mic of the dual microphone setup that acts as the noice cancellation mic. The only problem is that when using the video recording, it's been cancelling not only the ambient noises, but the actual talking for some users during a recording. HTC has acknowledged that the problem does exist, but it's not like it happens every time. Some users say that if they cover the noise cancellation mic (the little circle on the back) it prevents the mic from cancelling out the wrong frequencies like users talking during a video recording.

Last edited:
Yeah and a great one for April 1.

It's a solid rubber plug, I did not pull mine out, I'd guess it is a location for an antenna, since the antenna is indicated as being in the base in the manual.

Greg

It's a solid rubber plug, I did not pull mine out, I'd guess it is a location for an antenna, since the antenna is indicated as being in the base in the manual.

Greg

I thought the noise cancelling mics were the little holes above the LED flash.

Anyway, the circle thingy isn't a screwhole plug, because I just got my Seidio case yesterday and there's a cutout for it.

Greg

I thought the noise cancelling mics were the little holes above the LED flash.

Anyway, the circle thingy isn't a screwhole plug, because I just got my Seidio case yesterday and there's a cutout for it.

Precisely it wouldn't make sense to cover up the noise cancellation mic. If it was really a screw hole plug then they would just cover that up, what would be the point of leaving that uncovered when we can simply take off the phone case for the occasional, if ever dismantling of the phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

There is a tiny hole on top of my phone in front of the 3.5mm adapter jack.
There is another hole on the bottom.
I believe the top hole helps with noise cancellation.
I don't think they would put the cancellation mics so close together, the theory behind it is the measure sound from one and sound from the other. Being that close together I don't see it functioning properly.

Could be wrong...:)

I've been wondering about this too..

The noise cancelling microphone is on the top of the phone because it's aimed for the ambient noises, it wouldn't be on the bottom.
Maybe the case makers were just as clueless and decided to play it safe

Back