Closing the Internet.

The CPU Guy

Reaction score
My question is this:

My wife has a Droid and I have the Droid X we surf the net alot and are curious about closing it. So we will get like 10 pages in then want to quit it is a pain to hit the back button 10 times to close out or when we hit the home button it closes but when we go back to the web the last page is still up. is the web running in the back ground using battery? So what is the best way to close the web completely out each time? Thanks for answering this noob question.

I just hit the home key....

When you hit the home button the browsers process is suspended, it isn't using your battery...

Sent from my Droid

Things in the background are not actually running, they are "frozen" until you open the application again...my best advice is not to worry about apps running in the background or task killers, Android has a very efficient task managment process built right into the system and any third party app that claims to do the same is just going to work against your device

You could also hit the menu button, then hit the windows tab and close them out. It will then take you to your home page.

Download Dolphin HD. YOu can exit and clear history/cache. And it's a HUGE improvement over the stock browser.

I recommend dolphin hd too. It is easy to close tabs with one press or just exit the app by longpressing your phone's back button. Added bonus: set the user agent to desktop to see nonmobile sites.

If you want to use the stock browser, an easy way to close a window is to press your phone's back arrow until it closes. This works in dolphin hd also.

Back