com.htc.provider stopped unexpectedly???

OhioSpyderman

Reaction score
I've been having problems with my clock/weather widget all day. It did not want to move from my location at work to my location at home.

I turned on ENABLE Wirelesss Networks and when I did when I tried to refresh the weather portion of the widget I get the above message.

Anyone provide any insight on how to correct this????

Thanks in advance...

Bob.

Samething just happened to me too, below is the post that I put on the Andriod Forums, I'll let you know if I hear anything. Did you add any of the Apps that I did?

com.htc.provider ERROR on Weather Refresh
I just started to get "The process com.htc.provider has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. FORCE CLOSE" error. I think I've narrowed it down to my HTC Weather widget, because I noticed that it now states "Current City" instead of the city name, such as Pittsburgh. So, when I open the weather apps and hit the refresh button, I get the everytime I hit the refresh button.

The only apps I've installed since this started to happen are MyApps, Lookout (Update), MyVerizon (Update) and CNN News (Update).

I've only had the ERIS for about two weeks and this is the first time I've encounter this error.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tom

Samething just happened to me too, below is the post that I put on the Andriod Forums, I'll let you know if I hear anything. Did you add any of the Apps that I did?

com.htc.provider ERROR on Weather Refresh
I just started to get "The process com.htc.provider has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. FORCE CLOSE" error. I think I've narrowed it down to my HTC Weather widget, because I noticed that it now states "Current City" instead of the city name, such as Pittsburgh. So, when I open the weather apps and hit the refresh button, I get the everytime I hit the refresh button.

The only apps I've installed since this started to happen are MyApps, Lookout (Update), MyVerizon (Update) and CNN News (Update).

I've only had the ERIS for about two weeks and this is the first time I've encounter this error.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Tom

I did install and uninstall the ATK today (advanced task killer).
My weather widget has worked perfectly until today....I did let my battery go below 15% yesterday (and I'm letting it go low again today) as that is what is suggested to increase battery life (full discharge/full charge 3 times and then at least once a month...)

Hopefully "someone" will have an answer.

Appreciate your post Tom...

Bob.

I've had my Eris for about a week and a half...

Another person is experiencing the same issue from the Android Forums, so something is going on, but explainations or solutions yet...

Appreciate THAT update...forgot to mention that mine shows "Current City" as well...

Another time that I get this error message is when I turn off and then turn on Enable Wireless Networks in the LOCATION menu

Bob.

Appreciate the move and apologize if it was in the wrong section....

Bob.

Same here. Withe the Weather widget. My google maps is also messed up. No grid and streets just white and blue screen with Easter Island as my location which is funny because my weather is listed as 79 deg. and I'm in NY. Easter Island weather is about 79 so maybe something with the location is the problem? Had Droid Eris 2 weeks, no problems until now.

I saw Easter Island as well....odd....my Google Map still works....

Bob.

ok uninstalled a few apps that i did today including Advanced Task Killer on someones advice. Rebooted phone and everything is perfect now. It might be coincedence because on the Android forum people were saying the problem went away by itself. Is everyone good here now? I probably wasted time uninstalling everything but it least it works now,

Can you explain "REBOOT" (Is it more than a battery pull...because I've tried that....)

Bob.

Back