Confused on data plan?

Monstrosity

Reaction score
Ok I see that the data plan needed for the droid is $30 a month.

But theirs another data plan available for $45 a month..whats the difference, and will it affect me?

There is another data plan. It is primarily if you are looking to connect with an Exchange server. If you don't know what that is, and you're just a person that wants a data plan for their smartphone, than the $30, Email and Web plan is all you need.

Sorry for the spelling bee, I used to be a teacher.

There is another data plan. It is primarily if you are looking to connect with an Exchange server. If you don't know what that is, and you're just a person that wants a data plan for their smartphone, than the $30, Email and Web plan is all you need.

this

and lol

It's not if you need to connect to an exchange server. It's for business users. You can still connect to exchange servers without the 45$ plan. Any user who isn't getting it through their business accounts should only need the 30$ plan. That is everything i've ever been told. If any rep wants to chime in, they are more then welcome.

Then I'd suggest you go back and review the use of the comma.

It's not if you need to connect to an exchange server. It's for business users. You can still connect to exchange servers without the 45$ plan. Any user who isn't getting it through their business accounts should only need the 30$ plan. That is everything i've ever been told. If any rep wants to chime in, they are more then welcome.

This is 100% correct.

I can confirm this as I am connected to my Exchange server at work with the $30 data plan.

The $45 data plan is for people ON business accouts. Not sure how or why they charge so much extra a month for "corporate accounts" but they do.

But like I said Exchange server works on the $30 plan as does everything else. No need to get the $45 data plan.

I can confirm this as I am connected to my Exchange server at work with the $30 data plan.

The $45 data plan is for people ON business accouts. Not sure how or why they charge so much extra a month for "corporate accounts" but they do.

But like I said Exchange server works on the $30 plan as does everything else. No need to get the $45 data plan.
Ditto. I use Exchange on the $30 plan. Do not believe Verizon reps if they tell you different.

^^lol, well I'm getting screwed then, cause I was told multiple times I need it to connect to our exchange server.

What I heard is if you pop to your exchange account you don't need it but for push you do. I'm getting it pushed to me.

Please anyone, chime in and correct me there cause I'd love to save $15 dollars a month!

I don't pay the $40, and my corporate email does push to my Droid. All I had to do was call the IT running the service for my corporation, they set up the permissions, and gave me the incoming/outgoing settings. I pay NOTHING extra for this to Verizon, and my email lands on my phone at precisely the same time as it lands on my laptop.

Do NOT pay the extra $$$$$$$!!!!!

You're not connecting via imap right? If not, I'm changing my plan over to the $30 asap!

If your employer furnishes you with a cell phone and pays your bill every month, that's a business account and Verizon will make them pay the $45 fee. If you have a personal cell phone and just want to sync with your exchange server at work, it's $30. It's not imap, it's full exchange sync, same as you would get with a BB with your company running a BB enterprise server. Do not believe Verizon reps that tell you different.

BTW, if you haven't done so, install the Corporate Calendar app to sync your exchange calendar, and install the Corporate Directory for access to your exchange GAL (global address list).

My exchange email hits the Droid within a few seconds of hitting the desktop, same with gmail. Personal and corporate calendars in sync, etc., I really love this phone. It's the personal communications device I've waited forever for. Kirk and Spock would be jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Music to my ears! Thanks I'm switching it over.

I'll tell you what though, they're so cunning with the language it's easy to get fooled. Reading the $45 plan details on the vw website, one would be inclined to believe it's needed for exchange. Bunch of @$!%@##$!@#$rs!!

^^Music to my ears! Thanks I'm switching it over.

I'll tell you what though, they're so cunning with the language it's easy to get fooled. Reading the $45 plan details on the vw website, one would be inclined to believe it's needed for exchange. Bunch of @$!%@##$!@#$rs!!

I wouldn't call it cunning, i'd call it down right damn near confusing. I've never once been so confused as to what the heck I needed to have to run something. They need to revise how it's written, but of course they won't because they can get people to have the higher priced plans without needing it.

Back