Contact list problems

fitchick1961

Reaction score
Until today whenever i clicked on my contacts icon it showed all the contacts alphabetically in my address book, now it is only showing the history, when i touch on the phone icon or the dialer on bottom left of screen, and tap contacts then it shows them all, but how do i get this back the way it was, i don't know if i accidentally hit something i was in care trying to locate a contact from address book. Thanks, Oh btw i have a droid 2

Last edited:
I'm trying to recreate your issue on my D2 but I'm not able to do it. Here's what I did: I tap the phone icon and it took me to call history. I tapped the contact tab on the top and contacts appeared. Then I went back to the home screen and tapped the phone icon. Contacts appeared. Now I don't know about your D2 but mine has tabs on the screen to select what you want when you tap the phone tab on the home screen.

So since I can't recreate the issue how about you just tap on your contacts on the hone screen to bring up your contacts? Or explain to me what I might have misunderstood.

Until today whenever i clicked on my contacts icon it showed all the contacts alphabetically in my address book, now it is only showing the history, .. 2
The very top line on the screen shows Contacts: History and to the right are three dots, one being red. The red dot is the leftmost of the three. Slide the entire screen to the left, and your contacts will appear back in alphabetical order and the top line will read Contacts: A-Z. The red dot will appear in the middle. Slide the entire screen to the left again, and the top line will read Contacts: Status.
I discovered this after a lot of hair pulling.
A restart of your phone would also get the screen back to the normal Contacts: A-Z

Back