Contacts disappeared after update?

1fastII

Reaction score
I updated my phone to 2.01 this morning and everything seemed to go fine, but when I go to "Phone, Contacts", there are just 2 contacts. If I go to send a text message, they are all there, same with "favorites" and call log. It will also find them if I search for them. How do I bring them back?

Last edited:
I updated my phone to 2.01 this morning and everything seemed to go fine, but when I go to "Phone, Contacts", there are just 2 contacts. If I go to send a text message, they are all there, same with "favorites" and call log. It will also find them if I search for them. How do I bring them back?

power off your phone, take out the battery for 30 seconds put it back in and reboot the phone. They should come back or if you have a gmail account they will populate when you sign into gmail from your droid

This is the answer to your problem, I had the same issue and just figured it out.

go to your gmail account on your pc. Click on contacts, and select all.. Then click the tab that says "add to my contacts".

viola

Back