Contacts disappeared on LG Vortex

kyle94481

Reaction score
So my mom just got this LG Vortex as an upgrade from her Blackberry Storm (THANK GOD!) and has been using it without problems for the past couple of days. Everything was synced correctly and had all of her contacts on the new phone from the Storm.

The Problem

Today, she told me that she had no contacts anymore! Now, she runs a business and has many business contacts in her phone that she doesn't have elsewhere. I went and made sure that it was displaying all of the contacts, synced in multiple times with her gmail, and tried importing the contacts from the SD cards on the Blackberry and the one in the Vortex. I still can't find the contacts. I'm the process of waiting for the blackberry to gain enough charge to check on the contacts there and sync them through Google Sync, but in case that doesn't work, anyone know any other ways I could get the contacts back? Besides going into a store, that is.

The phone is rooted, but has no custom roms or anything installed. I just installed Barnacle on it to tether for her laptop.

Any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated!

Side note: I personally have a rooted droid flashed with GPA14 running one of chevy's kernels, so I'm not a noob to the terminology of anything in particular. All advice is accepted!

So my mom just got this LG Vortex as an upgrade from her Blackberry Storm (THANK GOD!) and has been using it without problems for the past couple of days. Everything was synced correctly and had all of her contacts on the new phone from the Storm.

The Problem

Today, she told me that she had no contacts anymore! Now, she runs a business and has many business contacts in her phone that she doesn't have elsewhere. I went and made sure that it was displaying all of the contacts, synced in multiple times with her gmail, and tried importing the contacts from the SD cards on the Blackberry and the one in the Vortex. I still can't find the contacts. I'm the process of waiting for the blackberry to gain enough charge to check on the contacts there and sync them through Google Sync, but in case that doesn't work, anyone know any other ways I could get the contacts back? Besides going into a store, that is.

The phone is rooted, but has no custom roms or anything installed. I just installed Barnacle on it to tether for her laptop.

Any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated!

Side note: I personally have a rooted droid flashed with GPA14 running one of chevy's kernels, so I'm not a noob to the terminology of anything in particular. All advice is accepted!

I know absolutely nothing about the LG Vortex. But some things should be the same.

In the contacts menu press settings. Now you should see a more button. Press that. Import/Export. Import from SD Card.

Contacts should return.

Also remember, this is a Google phone and contacts are always backed up to her gmail account. They should be there as well.

Well, the problem was that it wasn't synced beforehand for some reason, so that didn't work. I ended up transferring the contacts from the storm to the vortex via bluetooth, so all is well. Thank you though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

My Vortex only selectively syncs

Interestly, I have a Vortex too. It's my third Android phone (and I still haven't found the ultimate Android!) and I'm discovering that the contacts I've hand entered on this phone do not show up in my gmail contacts. They imported fine, and they've always synched with my previous devices. I've had the phone for about a month and a half, but last week I also had to start using my old Tmo G1 again, and I noticed that some of my new contacts were not there. I went to gmail, and they weren't there either. The contacts ARE in my Vortex still, but they're not in gmail. I'm wondering if verizon has the Vortex set to keep your contacts in the phone only for proprietary reasons, and if so is there a way around it?

(Additional info: I'm using the same gmail account for both phones. I've turned off both phones and just turned one on at a time and gotten the same results. The contacts have different facebook entries than google entries, so I know it's not the case that I'm just seeing a facebook contact - besides, I hand entered the contacts originally, and they should have synched. Sync is enabled on both phones. I went back and tried reverting my gmail contacts to several dates in the past and got the same result - the contacts just weren't there. Any ideas? Or do I just have to go through all 2,640 contacts and find those few that I hand-entered and manually enter them in gmail?)

Back