contacts problem + issues with root

Big Ry

Reaction score
I rooted my phone a couple days ago with droidmod. Then later I changed the boot animation to a decepticon animation, tried to install a MM smoked theme, and overclocked to 600MHz (supposedly) with setcpu. Since the root I've had several force closes in random programs, even ones I'm not using (im assuming they're running in the background). Also at least since the attempted theme install which never worked, my Facebook contacts have been gone and I don't know how to get them back. I'm a newb to all this. Can someone help me out here.

I rooted my phone a couple days ago with droidmod. Then later I changed the boot animation to a decepticon animation, tried to install a MM smoked theme, and overclocked to 600MHz (supposedly) with setcpu. Since the root I've had several force closes in random programs, even ones I'm not using (im assuming they're running in the background). Also at least since the attempted theme install which never worked, my Facebook contacts have been gone and I don't know how to get them back. I'm a newb to all this. Can someone help me out here.

Overclocked to 600? That's not very high. Is that is high as it would go?

I'm suspecting you are not actually rooted. Do you see the Ninja that says Super Permissions on your screen?

I'm suspecting you are not actually rooted. Do you see the Ninja that says Super Permissions on your screen?
oh thats what that is? a ninja? lol

yeah, im def rooted. you cant do live wallpapers, boot animationsm or overclocking without a root can u? and yes, the program only allows to overclock up to 600MHz. if you know a better program that'll let me overclock higher, please let me know.

yeah, im def rooted. you cant do live wallpapers, boot animationsm or overclocking without a root can u? and yes, the program only allows to overclock up to 600MHz. if you know a better program that'll let me overclock higher, please let me know.

what version of droid rom are you running? 2.1 or 2.0.1? either or there are kernels that let you overclock past 600mhz, check out chevys ere25 kernels or i believe adamz released a 2.1 kernel.

btw, what do you do with the superuser app. its just a list of stuff i dont understand, and when i click on them they disappear :confused:

what version of droid rom are you running? 2.1 or 2.0.1? either or there are kernels that let you overclock past 600mhz, check out chevys ere25 kernels or i believe adamz released a 2.1 kernel.
not positive, but i think 2.0.1. i just went back into setcpu, and if i select autodetect (instead of "droid/milestone") it lets me overclock past 600. im at 800max/600min now with profiles for charging/sleep/emergency (temperature) set as well.

im getting a ****ton of force closes now, its making me so mad! :mad:

btw, what do you do with the superuser app. its just a list of stuff i dont understand, and when i click on them they disappear :confused:
it's just a list of programs that have asked for root and you allowed. clicking and deleting them makes you reallow them for root

not positive, but i think 2.0.1. i just went back into setcpu, and if i select autodetect (instead of "droid/milestone") it lets me overclock past 600. im at 800max/600min now with profiles for charging/sleep/emergency (temperature) set as well.

yeah you always want to select autodetect for OC. it's in the how-tos.
if gettings FCs low your profiles. try 800max 250min.
and if still problems try lower, if you have to run lower than 800 try different kernels

yeah you always want to select autodetect for OC. it's in the how-tos.
if gettings FCs low your profiles. try 800max 250min.
and if still problems try lower, if you have to run lower than 800 try different kernels
well i was getting a ****ton on 600/250. i literally just upped it to 800/600 3 minutes ago, so i dunno how that acts.

Back