Cool little feature

Prerunnerseth

Reaction score
I found this yesterday. Don't think the Moto Droid did this. Press and hold an icon on any of the home screens. You will be able to drag it. Now drag it to any space already occupied by other icons and let go. It will stay there. Now you can flip through home screens with the optical track ball. press on it and drag it to an empty space on another screen.

also works when dragging an icon from the app drawer.

with the droid you can long press an icon on a home screen and just drag it to any other screen you want

Last edited:
with the droid you can long press an icon on a home screen and just drag it to any other screen you want

Yeah... I found it to not work too well on the droid. had to hold it at the edge of the home screen and move it a bit. was kind of a pain.

sweeeet. easier than moving icons around on the droid for the same reason you mentioned. there needs to be a tips and tricks thread for this kinda stuff.

I found this yesterday. Don't think the Moto Droid did this. Press and hold an icon on any of the home screens. You will be able to drag it. Now drag it to any space already occupied by other icons and let go. It will stay there. Now you can flip through home screens with the optical track ball. press on it and drag it to an empty space on another screen.

this might be an HTC thing...i did that when i had the HTC eris...but not on the moto. it is nice though

this might be an HTC thing...i did that when i had the HTC eris...but not on the moto. it is nice though

A little hard to do it with the Droid since it has no track-ball. But dragging with your finger works just as easy.

its awesome on the htc thanks for the tip. i hated that about the mot. sometimes it wouldnt switch home screens i would just stay on the screen and not move to the next.

now with the mouse its a breeze!

This would be good if you wanted to move it more than a space over, otherwise you can just drag the icon to the direction you want it to go and it will move there.

A little hard to do it with the Droid since it has no track-ball. But dragging with your finger works just as easy.

Quoted for truth. The Moto Droid method seems quite intuitive to me, however that may be because it basically works just like iPhone OS and i've been using the iPod Touch since the 1st gen came out. I sort of "learned" how to move icons between homescreens without even thinking about it.

yea I don't understand how it can be as hard as people are making it out to be. I suppose if you have some sort of disability that robs you of dexterity in your fingers it would be hard. But clicking and dragging to the end of the screen seems pretty easy and intuitive to me.

Isn't that HTC Sense? I have known of this a bit now?

Isn't that HTC Sense? I have known of this a bit now?

Not everyone knows every trick, especially i its their first Sense phone.

Back