Corporate Email on Droid 2 Global Lacking

rjpower

Reaction score
I'm just trying out this new Droid 2 Global phone after being a Blackberry user for the last four years. Blackberry does quite a few things in the user experience very well, so I'm looking for equivalence in performance in this Droid 2 Global.

Unbelievably, the Corporate email app really blows in performance. I do not consider it acceptable for any kind of professional use because it does not have the capability of adding a standard signature to emails. This is indicative of immaturity in this supposed corporate application. I can't believe that the developers of this application missed this crucial feature. Interestingly, the Gmail app installed on the Droid 2 Global has a signature feature.

Solution: get the Enhanced Email app from Quantum Solutions. You'll need it if you're going to use email professionally and expect the same performance as the native email app in a Blackberry.

Enhanced email will eventually stop working as well, Touchdown will fail also. Eventually all forms of corporate exchange sync will break off. It never fails. The best thing to do is to configure email fetch instead of push. Motorola still hasn't got the fix for it yet and it still might be a long while away before we get the fix. If you need this phone for corporate usage return it for something HTC before it's too late!

Been using Touchdown dror over a year on several devices and it has never failed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

In my experience - corporate email will not live up to the Blackberry. In fact, it's not even as good as iOS, which is supposed to be a consumer device not fit for enterprise work. Additional shortcomings: limited to 30 days email sync, no proper search functions, poor display of graphics, cannot set individual folders to stay synced... bleh... the list goes on. Touchdown is probably the best alternative to the default email (and addresses some of these complaints) but is visually akin to vomit. But like many people here, I've yet to find an email program that stays synced up to the minute, 24/7, the way a BB does.

Last edited:
Well, I look atit like this. You got either 14 or 30 days, probably 14 now to make a decision. If you're not confident enough in the way Google handles corporate mail then take it back and get a Blackberry.

Google handles corporate email fine because vanilla Android email works. HTC devices also handle corporate email fine. Motorola's Blur implementation seems to be the thing messing up the email functionality in these new models.

This is the main thread about it on Motorola's support forums, 52 pages and counting with no end in sight. People are starting to talk Class action lawsuits.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/40791?start=0&tstart=0

Google handles corporate email fine because vanilla Android email works. HTC devices also handle corporate email fine. Motorola's Blur implementation seems to be the thing messing up the email functionality in these new models.

This is the main thread about it on Motorola's support forums, 52 pages and counting with no end in sight. People are starting to talk Class action lawsuits.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/40791?start=0&tstart=0
Blackberry Email requires a learning curve as well, and it does not have auto-signature, either. I found a trick using the user dictionary to make various shortcuts that represent the email signature I want.

Enhanced Email has an auto-signature that is somewhat acceptable, although it would be better if I could choose among several different signatures, but no one does that except desktop email clients like Outlook.

I do not expect to have immediate MS Exchange updating like I had with Blackberry. If someone really wants me immediately, they should use text messaging. A 15-minute delay is not that bad.

Regarding Enhanced Email crashes -- yes, I've had a few already, but I've chalked that up to some kind of app conflict.

Back