Corrupt SD card on Moto Droid everytime I connect to USB

davidlee89

Reaction score
I've noticed that one day, my phone decided to corrupt my sd card everytime i connect it to the computer.

When I connect the USB to the computer, the phone freezes immediately until I unplug it.

When I check my phone, It says that the card is corrupt.

If I use a micro sd adapter to get to the files, only some remain, some are deleted.

Any solutions?!

If you can deal with the loss of data, I would try to format the card while hooked up to a computer via card reader. If you need to recover data than you can try using a software called Stellar Phoenix. They have a free trial that you can download to test to see if it'll recover the data.

Let me know if you.need direction with either option.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you can deal with the loss of data, I would try to format the card while hooked up to a computer via card reader. If you need to recover data than you can try using a software called Stellar Phoenix. They have a free trial that you can download to test to see if it'll recover the data.

Thanks.. the problem is . whenever i try to format , my phone doesn't do anything. And the error about corrupt SD card still shows up.

Thanks.. the problem is . whenever i try to format , my phone doesn't do anything. And the error about corrupt SD card still shows up.

You may need to pull it and connect it to the PC with an adapter to format. Heck, you may have a bad card, they do die horribly sometimes.

You may need to pull it and connect it to the PC with an adapter to format. Heck, you may have a bad card, they do die horribly sometimes.
yeah i just pulled it out and put it into an adapter, but nothing is happening. Computer didn't recognize it at all.. the lights don't flash on the card or the card reader. I'm thinking it might be a dead card... Do you think Verizon will cover this?

I've noticed that one day, my phone decided to corrupt my sd card everytime i connect it to the computer.

When I connect the USB to the computer, the phone freezes immediately until I unplug it.

When I check my phone, It says that the card is corrupt.

If I use a micro sd adapter to get to the files, only some remain, some are deleted.

Any solutions?!
In order to format the card within the phone you have to unmount it first.

:welcome: to the forum!

ahh..I thought you were able to read some files when hooked upto sd card reader. If youre within your first year Verizon should honor the warranty and replace the card.

Yeah they replaced mine when I thought mine was bad....do u have a computer later than I think its 2007? If not u have to buy a special card reader for ur computer to read a card over 2 gigs. Google itif u fall in that category

Back