Couple Questions from ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just updated my phone to 4.0.4, i dont really have much time for hacking my phone anymore so it was all ota. Unfortunately its glitching my phone, probably didnt install right. If i factory reset this beast, i know it wipes everything. What i need to know is, if i factory reset it, does it reset to stock day one 4.0.2 or does it automatically just reset to 4.0.4? Also does anyone know what the fastboot unlock actually does? i know it unlocks the bootloader (Duh :biggrin:), but does it put your name on a list on vz database or something? Will they know if you unlocked it? (Even if you relock?)

No verizon won't know and even if they do it shouldnt matter as they send refurbs unlocked.

As for factory resetting, every time I did it brought me back to 4.0.2 and always immediately asked if I wanted to update. So I would imagine it would ask for the same

Nexus using Droid Forums

Np. Hope that fixes your problems

Nexus using Droid Forums

You can also relock the device to cover your tracks without big red ever knowing, if you're worried about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You can also relock the device to cover your tracks without big red ever knowing, if you're worried about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
If its unlocked wont they know? regardless of a relock.... ?

If its unlocked wont they know? regardless of a relock.... ?
they would know because the lock icon under the google boot screen would be unlocked. whether they care or not is unknown, but I have heard of refurbs coming back unlocked

negative on the factory reset. 4.0.4 and browser goes insane like it was before. arg...
and so to clarify, a lock appears under the google bootscreen (their isnt one on mine currently), and its always going to show unlocked?

negative on the factory reset. 4.0.4 and browser goes insane like it was before. arg...
and so to clarify, a lock appears under the google bootscreen (their isnt one on mine currently), and its always going to show unlocked?
if your device is unlocked then under the Google bootup screen it will show unlocked.

is it just your browser going crazy? What does it do exactly?

if your device is unlocked then under the Google bootup screen it will show unlocked.

is it just your browser going crazy? What does it do exactly?
I think im talking about when its relocked and your talking about when its unlocked. Let me try to ask this more clearly, Hypothetically I have my phone, unlock the bootloader (Im guessing Vz will know if i keep it unlocked) i then relock lock it once i reflash an stock image (will Vz still know i even unlocked it, if i relock it?) So my boot screen wont have an unlocked lock under the boot logo. If that makes sense.
And yes my browser is whacked out and throwing lots of errors. the system closes it every time i start it up, and clicking wait doesnt work. It really reminds me of my old D1 when i flashed a rom and installed wrong thus requiring a reflash. My gallery app also is very laggy and glitchy after the reset i just did. this is really annoying because all i wanted out of this was 4.0.4. I should have just stayed at 4.0.3. :mad:

they would know because the lock icon under the google boot screen would be unlocked. whether they care or not is unknown, but I have heard of refurbs coming back unlocked

I don't think that was Verizon sending out unlocked refurbs. I'm pretty sure that was Assurion

I don't think that was Verizon sending out unlocked refurbs. I'm pretty sure that was Assurion
Hmm maybe I remembered wrong...don't have insurance so I never consider Asurion :D

It's easy to have it locked back again anyway.

ilikemoneygreen said:
I think im talking about when its relocked and your talking about when its unlocked. Let me try to ask this more clearly, Hypothetically I have my phone, unlock the bootloader (Im guessing Vz will know if i keep it unlocked) i then relock lock it once i reflash an stock image (will Vz still know i even unlocked it, if i relock it?) So my boot screen wont have an unlocked lock under the boot logo. If that makes sense.
And yes my browser is whacked out and throwing lots of errors. the system closes it every time i start it up, and clicking wait doesnt work. It really reminds me of my old D1 when i flashed a rom and installed wrong thus requiring a reflash. My gallery app also is very laggy and glitchy after the reset i just did. this is really annoying because all i wanted out of this was 4.0.4. I should have just stayed at 4.0.3. :mad:

No I know what you mean. I was just assuming that you would assume that no unlock icon means its locked and back to true factory setting. They probably just go by that little lock to see whether its been messed with or not, doubt they'd take the time to really dig deep and figure out that you did, if possible.

Easiest way to go about putting it back to full factory settings is using wugs toolkit. Give that a shot and then plead your case. Maybe your hardware is going crazy or something?

Nexus using Droid Forums

I can speak personally of 4.04 being the best official build, jellybean is the best period. I been through 4 nexus and I unlocked them as soon as I took it out of the box. If you sure its software related try another build or you can flash a 4.03 rom. But if you gonna flash something now may be a good time to try jellybean. The good thing about the nexus is its easy to lock and unlock and it don't tell on you like htcdev with its "relocked".

He got me livin cleaner. Ridin round bumping that kingdom. (willie moore jr. cashing out)

Back