@cox.net Email Account

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
I have never had a problem with this email account until yesterday.

Now I get:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Trust anchor for certification path not found

Phone is unlocked, not rooted. I have already done a factory reset.

I have deleted the account from the phone and tried redoing it with no luck.

I can retrieve on my laptop, so the account is ok.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thank you.

Which email app are you using? I use K-9 and Cox works fine for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

I am using the stock exchange app. Had the phone since december and have not had a problem. never had a problem on my droid. Have done nothing with the phone. still only have only the stock apps that have come with it. Only thing I have done since getting the phone is updating the apps that came with it. I also use gmail which works fine, I know it does mail differently, but just throwing that out.

Maybe give another app a shot. Like I said, K-9 works well with Cox.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thanks for the input. I hope someone has seen this or at least knows how to fix it. I really don't understand how it was working at 10am Friday and by 11am I was getting the error.

I will use a third party if I have to, but I don't want to.

Again, thanks.

Yesterday I flashed 4.0.2 and the radios with the stock images. Same result. Should I flash 4.0.1 and let it do the ota to .2? And, I get the same results wifi or 3G.

Last edited:
You could always try deleting the account and setting it up again.

Got it working.

I don't know why it ever glitched, I never messed with its settings.

Had deleted the account from the phone and several times tried to let it auto set up and always got the above message about java. Finally decided to try and set it up on daughters ipad2. Worked perfectly. Looked at the account settings on iPad and my laptop and noticed the pop3 was set pop.cox.net. So I decided to set up manually on my phone and noticed it had the pop3 as pop3.cox.net. Got rid of the 3 and all is well. But, I still don't understand how it happened. Has worked flawless on d1 and nexus till Friday when it went tits up.

If anything this helped me learn how to flash everything back to stock on the phone. I must have flashed 4.0.2 and 4.0.1 ten different times.

A little unrelated, but I did notice that when I flashed everything back to 4.0.1 (itl41d) the HW Version changed to 8. Then when I flashed or did the ota to 4.0.2 (icl53f) it changed to 9. I only mention this because there were discussions on this between version 9 and 10.

This phone is AWESOME!!!!

Last edited:
It may have to do with Cox itself. K-9 stopped fetching mail and only started working after I deleted the account and let it start up again. I blamed it on a recent update that had caused a problem, but maybe it was more widespread.

Back