Custom ROMs get slower Quandrant over time

sudermatt

Reaction score
I posted this over on Jrummy's Kangeraid forum...but I'm now noticing this on all the ROMs I try.

While this was never the fastest ROM, I liked the combination of speed and stability it offered. When I first loaded the ROM, and for about a week after that, I was getting Quadrant scores of about 1400.

Now, after a couple weeks, I'm getting 1100.

Anybody else noticing this?
Any reason?
Any fix?

I currently using FRG01B...for about a week now.
at first it was pulling almost 1600
A Few days later it was 1200
Now I'm running 900-1000

I'm wonder if this has to do with the fact that my available RAM is dropping.
It appears related.

I'm not being a wise guy. Try rebooting your phone and see if that doesn't help. Also make sure if you are using setCPU that you have it set to performance. It won't default back there when you turn your Droid off.

Two things I have to do with Froyo after a reboot. Turn Screebl back on, and put SetCPU back to performance.

Not to hijack but it's funny you mention not being a wiseguy by suggesting a reboot.

I was with a friend this weekend and he was complaining that his iPhone 3G was running slow (I know, I know, but he's the kind of guy who actually is better off with an iPhone).

I always assume that rebooting the phone is te first thing people try before complaining about a problem, but I just threw out there "When was the last time you restarted it?".

His replay? "Never". The thing had been on since the day he bought it. I'm surprised it wasn't smoking. We turned it off and back on and it magically started running faster.

Back