CWRproblems

collinjm01

Reaction score
Okay tryin to get DL30. I go into cwr and it says it cant mount SD card and i have no idea what to d. I have tried many different ways to get into cwr and either way it says it cant mount sd...Please help.

Edit: Here is what clockwork is telling me, verbatim:

E: can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p1)
(Device or resource busy)
E: Can't mount /sdcard

Last edited:
Are you leaving your device connected to the computer? If you are try it disconnected. It might be mounted on the computer.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

I have the same problem with cwr, but not every time, just once and a while. Try flashing sprecovery, then flash clockwork, then boot into recovery again and see if it took. If not then just try SPrecovery, or do a search for another recovery, heard there are some newer ones available now.

Sent from my Milestone 1 using Droid Forums app

Tried it disconnected, didnt make a difference. and its not a droid, its a fascinate... so there are no other recoveries for it :\

Msn this if tough. I would say reflash cwm with a new update.zip, and perform cache/data wipe couldn't hurt.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

when you say reflash, you mean Odin? cuz everything is on my sd card...so i cant reflash in cwr

Problem solved!!

Okay tryin to get DL30. I go into cwr and it says it cant mount SD card and i have no idea what to d. I have tried many different ways to get into cwr and either way it says it cant mount sd...Please help.

Edit: Here is what clockwork is telling me, verbatim:

E: can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p1)
E: Can't mount /sdcard

OK, I had the exact same problem (I also couln't mount SD card to my computer) with my wife's fascinate and here's what fixed it for me:

1. remove SD card with power on, then pull battery.
2. replace battery and reboot, then remove battery again; replace SD and battery and reboot.
3. power off, remove battery, plug in USB while holding down volume.
4. follow directions here: Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix - xda-developers to reflash CWR with Odin.
5. when it reboots into CWR immeadiately make a nandroid (if this hasn't already been accomplished)

Hope this helps. I'm pretty new and had trouble finding any help on the forums for this problem. Just got lucky out of desperation.

Last edited:
okay so all i did was reflash CWR with odin and it was back to normal. Now i wannna flash DL30 super clean. do i need the DL09 or DJ05 modem? If so where can i get it? Thanks in advance! :D (im starting to get the hang of this and hopefully will turn me into a happy Fascinate owner ):icon_ banana:

I'm getting this error too, every single time I boot into CWR from ROM Manager to do a backup or install a ROM. Reflashing CWR with Odin didn't help.

I was able to do a nandroid backup by removing and replacing the SD card while the phone was in recovery mode, but I'm not sure if that will allow me to install the stuff that ROM Manager downloaded.

Any ideas?

I'm getting this error too, every single time I boot into CWR from ROM Manager to do a backup or install a ROM. Reflashing CWR with Odin didn't help.

I was able to do a nandroid backup by removing and replacing the SD card while the phone was in recovery mode, but I'm not sure if that will allow me to install the stuff that ROM Manager downloaded.

Any ideas?
OK, I had the exact same problem (I also couln't mount SD card to my computer) with my wife's fascinate and here's what fixed it for me:

1. remove SD card with power on, then pull battery.
2. replace battery and reboot, then remove battery again; replace SD and battery and reboot.
3. power off, remove battery, plug in USB while holding down volume.
4. follow directions here: Clockworkmod installation how to for windows / *nix - xda-developers to reflash CWR with Odin.
5. when it reboots into CWR immeadiately make a nandroid (if this hasn't already been accomplished)

Did you try this method? and it still didnt help? ive never experienced this issue unless my phone was plugged in and i flash the crap outta my Fascinate all day with stuff....

Did you try this method? and it still didnt help?
Correct. Before my last post, I had only tried flashing CWR with Odin, without all the rebooting and battery-pulling. But now I've tried the steps you pasted exactly, and there's still no improvement. When I open CWR and select nandroid>backup, I get:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.4
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p1)
Can't mount /sdcard

ive never experienced this issue unless my phone was plugged in and i flash the crap outta my Fascinate all day with stuff....
My phone is not plugged in when I do this.

I don't know if this is relevant, but my phone also has trouble mounting the SD card over USB - it shows up as a CD drive, and usually I can only get it to mount correctly if I boot the phone while it's plugged in, and then it only works once.

Back