Cyanogen Mod Teasing New Hardware partner, coming in the next few weeks.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
cyanogenmod-hardware-partner-teaser.jpg

After raising millions of dollars it was only a matter of time before we would see CyanogenMod release natively on a device. Cyanogen has announced via Google+ that they will finally announce their new hardware partnership. They have not said who would be the official hardware partner. CM is great because it includes all kinds of customization goodies. It also adds performance and battery life on most devices. I would venture to say that Team CM would more than likely only put Stable final builds of CM on whatever manufactures device they end up on. It would be great if Team Cyanogen could convince their partner to allow for unlocking the bootloader. I really enjoy seeing Team Cyanogen basically go from rags to riches. Many people don't know that Cyanogen Mod started as a Rom that was a tweaked out version of another Rom. It has really come along way since its humble beginnings. For more info on this breaking news head to the link below.

Via AndroidAuthority

Good on them! Getting rich doing what you love is about as good as it gets. Qapla'!!!

I wonder at the legal implications. What will happen to development for other devices? What about carrier support? The? In the image tell allot. More than just who might the hardware partner be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I thought Oppo was already announced as their official partner? Anyway, the new Oppo device with the swivel cam is pretty well put together. They're going to be easily flashable so I think they will do relatively well in the market.

Back