D2G Experiencing issues

THatfield

Reaction score
Hi guys, just joined here today to hopefully remedy the issues that have been plauging my D2G for months. Bear with me here, I want to be thorough with my descriptions. Please keep in mind that my phone is not rooted or anything like that. No water damage either. It is just a plain jane D2G.

1st problem is I cannot restart my phone. Well, I can, but when I try to boot back up, I end up stuck at the boot-loader menu for hours, sometimes even days. After some time has passed, the phone will just boot back up like nothing was ever wrong. I have tried battery pulls, powering on pushing x, camera button, arrows even doing a Peruvian rain dance while the moon was in its third trimester. No such luck. I have read and read on this forum, but it seems no one has this issue unless they have rooted their phone, which I have not. Usually when I end up in Boot-loader, I get the D0.11 and a list of error codes. This has been happening since early February whenever I restart/power down my phone or even when the battery runs dead and I try to restart it.

2nd problem (and usually why I have to restart my phone in the first place) is that I cannot hear my caller, and my caller cannot hear me. This has been happening as of late, perhaps 2 months now. All of the sudden I will go to make a call, and I can't hear them and they can't hear me. My volumes are up, its not muted, TTY is off. It will not even work on speaker phone. Searching around here on this subject has also brought up little.

Anyways, thanks in advance. I would rather not switch to an iPhone, but dealing with all these gremlins is getting on my nerves, and I need to be able to make phone calls for my job.

Thanks for any help, it will be appreciated. :hail:
Taylor

EDIT; This would probably be better suited for the Tech Issues section, my apologies. Move if necessary.

Last edited:
first what system version 2.3.4/ 4.5.629?
if you had less than a year, take back to verizon
otherwise you can try wiping data or flashing SBF

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

version 4.5.629

I have had it only since September/October but I wasn't the one who bought it. It was given to me by a friend who got it in a BOGO deal through Verizon. Could I still take it in and see if they could fix it?

It updated soon after I began using it. Now that you do mention it, it hasn't really worked right since the new firmware was installed. I'll head over to the verizon store tomorrow, and if they can't help me I will look into flashing it myself.

Thanks

that update has, failed during install on a lot of phones
just don't try to go back to 608, won't work, stuck with 629, but reflashing should fix

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Back