Dead Pixels

2011 WRX

Reaction score
Hello all. Just got my DX after being a Storm (1&2) user for a few years. Just one question. About 5 days in to enjoying my DX, I got a green dead pixel. I tried all the remedies, apps, etc. to fix it, but it wasn't stuck. It was just dead. Is this a common problem with the DX? I had adjusted my screen brightness all the way down in order to save battery life. Could this have been a contributing factor? To VZW's credit, they exchanged the phone for me. Thanks.

Nope brightness change shouldn't do that, you just got a bad pixel.

I havent seen any problems like that, screen brightness has nothing to do with it, it's simply a defective component.

Glad VZW sorted it out for you.

You guys act fast! :) Ok, thanks for the info. Whenever something goes wrong, I tend to blame it on myself!

Pixels dont just die after 5 days -- I have laptop screens that are 10 years old that still work just fine. No worries.

I have one dead pixel. Normally, that would drive me up a wall, but luckily its on the very edge of the screen and I only see it when the screen is all black.

Anywho, LCD screens get dead pixels from time to time. Its a fact of technology.

I have one dead pixel. Normally, that would drive me up a wall, but luckily its on the very edge of the screen and I only see it when the screen is all black.

Anywho, LCD screens get dead pixels from time to time. Its a fact of technology.

Mine is toward the middle of the screen. It's driving me insane. Can't wait for my replacement to arrive.

No one had any issues getting a replacement? I have a scratch on my screen I am worried about that attributing that to my dead (green) pixel (even though the scratch is on the opposite end of the screen.

No one had any issues getting a replacement? I have a scratch on my screen I am worried about that attributing that to my dead (green) pixel (even though the scratch is on the opposite end of the screen.

I had no trouble. I called Verizon and they overnighted me a new phone. I'm used to this process. Ask me how I know... (Thanks BB Storm)

I had no trouble. I called Verizon and they overnighted me a new phone. I'm used to this process. Ask me how I know... (Thanks BB Storm)

I talked to them on the phone and they suggested I take it to a store. He warned me they could charge my account full retail for the phone if they discover anything (like phone being pressured on the screen). While I don't think this is the case I am going to try and walk into a store with it. Im just worry the scratch on the screen is going to stop me from getting a replacement.

Back