Default mail app won't fetch yahoo mail consistently

ariad

Reaction score
Searched the forum for anything similar, and haven't found it; sorry if I missed it.

I have Bionic that I have used since September. Have my mail app set to fetch my yahoo mail every 15 minutes. It doesn't get new messages even if I do a manual retrieve. This worked fine until Dec 23. I can send mail. I can get it to work for an hour or two if I power the phone off and power back on. I am on 893 and have been for 2 - 3 weeks (I believe.) I leave my phone in 3G in the house as I am on the fringe of 4g and it bounces plus I use wi-fi in the house.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Any advice (other than don't use Yahoo as that is not an option at this time) is appreciated.

ariad

Searched the forum for anything similar, and haven't found it; sorry if I missed it.

I have Bionic that I have used since September. Have my mail app set to fetch my yahoo mail every 15 minutes. It doesn't get new messages even if I do a manual retrieve. This worked fine until Dec 23. I can send mail. I can get it to work for an hour or two if I power the phone off and power back on. I am on 893 and have been for 2 - 3 weeks (I believe.) I leave my phone in 3G in the house as I am on the fringe of 4g and it bounces plus I use wi-fi in the house.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Any advice (other than don't use Yahoo as that is not an option at this time) is appreciated.

ariad

It's been a long time since I used the native email app. But when I did, I do recall having to occasionally remove an account and then setup again. Also, you might look at using one of the alternate email apps - K-9 or MailDroid.

Another option is to: Using Gmail as your own personal push mail server . The Gmail app is much better and your emails are pushed to the phone when they are sent. I've been doing this for almost two years now and love having all my emails, Gmail and pop3, in one app.

Good luck.

Back