delete single items, notifications, call log, etc

rvham

Reaction score
Purchased my new Droid last week. Is there any way to delete single items from Notifications, Phone Call log, messaging, bookmarks and downloads. I can only find commands to clear or delete all items in each of these categories. I would like to be able to keep some and get rid of others. Thanks for any help.

Joe Thompson

Purchased my new Droid last week. Is there any way to delete single items from Notifications, Phone Call log, messaging, bookmarks and downloads. I can only find commands to clear or delete all items in each of these categories. I would like to be able to keep some and get rid of others. Thanks for any help.

Joe Thompson

The only way to clear individual notifications is to click on them and let the phone bring up whatever they are associated with. As far as individual entries in the call-log and etc, I'd recommend this here...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...portal-droid-pc-media-sync-more-via-wifi.html

If you decide this is for you, the easiest way to install the app on your phone is to

Download ASTRO file manager from the market
Navigate to the link on your phone
Click the version of the .zip that you want to download [I used WiFi only].

When the download is complete, clicking it should launch astro.

Click the file name.

A window should pop up with "browse file" and "open app manager"

Click "open app manager"

Click install.

Using this app on your phone, it will give you an IP address to type into your browser and you can access information on your phone through the browser without installing anything on your computer.

With it, you can delete individual calls from the log, I'm pretty sure you can do the same with individual texts from the same person.

Check it out if you like. I only JUST downloaded it today, but it's pretty snazzy!

Simply long press on the items and you can delete individual items. Does not work for notifications though.

Simply long press on the items and you can delete individual items. Does not work for notifications though.

You know, I tried long-pressing in the call log before posting about that app, and nothing happened. After reading your post again, the menu popped up...

Live and learn I guess.

That app is still really awesome though!

I tried that app before, and yea it works and all, but I find it easier to just plug the phone into the USB and just drag and drop stuff as needed.

I tried that app before, and yea it works and all, but I find it easier to just plug the phone into the USB and just drag and drop stuff as needed.

Can't say I'll use it ALL the time, but I figure it's worth keeping around...say, if I'm at a friend's house or somewhere else with WiFi and don't have my USB cable and want to show someone a full-screen pic from my phone or something...

You know, that is an excellent point. I might have to reload it. Thanks!

Not a problem! It DOES make deleting a bunch of different things quite a bit easier as well. Not to mention, you can send SMS from your computer without using the Verizon site, plus it gives you QUICK access to storage info and battery info!

Thanks all for the replies, especially the long press. That solves most of my problems. You guys are great! Will take a look at the Moto Phone Portal.
Caio. Joe

Back