Different Alerts for Different Things?

sugarsharon

Reaction score
On my LG Ally I've only been able to locate a generalized alert tone for all functions (email, SMS, MMS, etc.). I'd like to have a different alert for SMS/MMS so that I will stop and check my messages for business purposes, but cannot find where to change the settings for just those two functions, making it possible to put the email notification with another tone.

I've looked, both in my manual and online forums, but cannot find this information. Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!!

First of all welcome to the forum.

Each of your apps should have their own settings. Within those app settings will be a setting for notifications and should also allow you to set which tone/sound you want for each. If I am reading your post correctly, you are going into your general settings and looking at notification settings. That is for general stuff like voice mail and such. And your apps will default to this setting if you have not selected a specific sound within each app.

after some research i have found and verified this

From: http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/279896-no-unique-notification-sounds.html
Anyway I eventually found that if I changed the default notification to any of the phone's preinstalled tones, the correct user-specified tone is now playing in each app. But for some reason, if any user-created tone is set to be the default, the phone will play the default tone for ANY notification.

Now, i have tested this to be correct. looking further into the situation.

I'm currently using lighflow right now. It has been working pretty smoothly for the last couple weeks. Thee are a couple issues tho. I'm trying to figure how to clear the notifications reliably w/o going into the actual program. HTH

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I'm currently using lighflow right now. It has been working pretty smoothly for the last couple weeks. Thee are a couple issues tho. I'm trying to figure how to clear the notifications reliably w/o going into the actual program. HTH

What do you mean by clearing the notifications? from the menu on the top or the sound?

Yes in the notifications.

Back