Displaying Contact Information on Lock Screen

barry.holroyd

Reaction score
[h=2]I would like to display some contact information (e.g., my wife's phone number and/or my email address) on my lock screen so that if my phone is lost anyone who finds it will know how to reach me. Is there an easy/clean way to do this (other than by modifying the background image itself)?[/h]
Thanks,
Barry​

If you get the Widget Locker app, it'll allow you to put a widget on the Lock Screen. Although you can't add the Quick Contact widget, there may be another widget that'll work.

I would like to display some contact information (e.g., my wife's phone number and/or my email address) on my lock screen so that if my phone is lost anyone who finds it will know how to reach me. Is there an easy/clean way to do this (other than by modifying the background image itself)?

Thanks,
Barry​

I was looking for the same thing today and came across an app called Phone Found - Owner Info. It's pretty simple to set up and does what you want. There is also an option to set a personal message, which I wasn't able to get to work. Each time I clicked on the option, a text box would pop up for me to type into but the keyboard wouldn't show. The important part works though: displays name, phone number and/or email address.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.noamwolf.android.androidfound

Widget Locker -- good info., looks like a cool widget. I've downloaded it and will check it out.

Thanks!
Barry

Excellent info. re. "Phone Found - Owner Info." -- this is exactly what I'm looking for!

However, the user reviews indicate that it's fairly buggy, so I looked around at other similar apps and found one called "Contact Owner". That looks even better -- four stars and it's free. I'm going to check that one out first.

Thanks for your help!

Barry

I was looking for the same thing today and came across an app called Phone Found - Owner Info. It's pretty simple to set up and does what you want. There is also an option to set a personal message, which I wasn't able to get to work. Each time I clicked on the option, a text box would pop up for me to type into but the keyboard wouldn't show. The important part works though: displays name, phone number and/or email address.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.noamwolf.android.androidfound

Phone Found works on the Bionic. Works after a reboot, too.

I tried "Contact Owner" and it does what it says. However, a couple of minuses:
  1. It crashes some HTCs (not a problem for me since I have a Bionic, but obviously a problem for HTC owners) -- the developer is aware of the problem and is working on it.
  2. The output text kind of ruins the look-and-feel of my lockscreen -- it gets printed in a narrow column on the left side of my screen and pushes everything else down.
I'm going to play with WidgetLocker now -- I suspect it'll provide me with a really solid look-and-feel (and functionality as well) -- I'll just have to see if I can display contact info on it cleanly in some way.

Barry

I was just reading on another thread that widget locker was a huge battery drain.

Cancel Phone Found. Stops working periodically unless you manually boot it up. Trying Contact Owner now.

I'm having good luck with Contact Owner.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Contact Owner is a winner

I am just using the stock "in case of emergency"

It allows you to set up to three contacts and three note fields to show on the lock screen, after pressing a button. I think it is enough.

Odd. I can't get Contact Owner or Phone Found to work at all.

Thanks, but I did that. It just never would display on the lock screen. Ever after a reboot.

Back