Do not install maps update on your rezound

TWC42

Reaction score
UPDATE: As of August 29, 2012, the update to Maps has been fixed .Go to the last posts.

Last edited:
well, today I took the maps update. it seems to work fine for me.

last night I installed the 4.03.605.1 ruu which wiped my phone.

why don't you try installing the maps update and then clearing the maps app's data via setting, apps?

verified working on a rooted/romed fascinate running 2.2 FrankinClean.

got the latest and works on my Stock GB Rezound.

well, today I took the maps update. it seems to work fine for me.

last night I installed the 4.03.605.1 ruu which wiped my phone.

why don't you try installing the maps update and then clearing the maps app's data via setting, apps?

Tried it......doesn't work. Got ruu 12 installed.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I have installed, uninstalled, installed, uninstalled the update four times, using WiFi, using 4G, cleaning cache, nothing helps. Crashes every time. Downloads to 65 pct then installs. Maybe that's part of the problem

Running the .12 RUU and it reboots my phone within a minute or two of using it. It's done it three times so it's not a one time fluke. I'll hold onto the update for now but I'll hold off using the app until they fix it.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

I used the updated maps today and had no issues with it traveling all day. I have the latest ICS ota also.

I have installed, uninstalled, installed, uninstalled the update four times, using WiFi, using 4G, cleaning cache, nothing helps. Crashes every time. Downloads to 65 pct then installs. Maybe that's part of the problem
This makes me wonder... Google Play also changed the way they do updates last night, they do not send the whole application anymore, just the update "delta" (which is what changed from one version to another) is sent now. Perhaps the original Map application in the ROM was missing something that none of the other versions cared about, but now 6.10.0 does care about it and it isn't in the delta.

Nothing more, just random thoughts...

So my RZ is on version 6.10.0 maps and my tablet is on 6.9.0 and wanting to update. Which version do you think is causing issues?

Updated Google Maps

I had the same issue with the updated Google Maps and did follow your advice and uninstalled it. Also I made Verizon Wireless Tech support aware of the issue.

Back