DOA in two days! 4G Speed Results

rccomputers

Reaction score
So I was the first person to bring in a DOA thunderbolt yesterday at the VZ store. THe night before, the mem card began acting up and was no longer recognized by the OS. They put in a new card and the card worked but no internet accesss at all over the 3g network!

So I got another one!

I took the new one into Philly last night. Got 6.5 upload and 10 download on the 4g network using Speedtest.net app.

So I was the first person to bring in a DOA thunderbolt yesterday at the VZ store. THe night before, the mem card began acting up and was no longer recognized by the OS. They put in a new card and the card worked but no internet accesss at all over the 3g network!

So I got another one!

I took the new one into Philly last night. Got 6.5 upload and 10 download on the 4g network using Speedtest.net app.
I live in Lancaster, PA and the closest 4G is Philadelphia or Baltimore. Since I have no intention of visiting those two places in the near future I won't be able to see the results you did, but wow, incredible speeds!

As for the DOA, I haven't heard of that problem, but another user on DF is returning his because the rocker volume control on the side is embedded inside and hard to change the volume control. Since he hasn't returned it yet, you are the first to exchange it because the original was DOA.

I asked them if I got a prize for being first. They just hoped I would keep quiet about it in a store full of people buying them.

Wow bummer. Glad you were able to get a replacement. I agree that hearing the news of your dead TB probably would not deter anyone else from getting one cuz I think we all realize this is a first generation phone for the LTE network and there are bound to be issues with some.

My first Thunderbolt died, too.

Got it Thursday night around 6:00pm. When I left the store, I opened the browser just to see how the 4G felt. Got home, plugged in the phone to charge it up.

Later that night, when I tried to set up WiFi at home, it took the settings, and said it connected, but I couldn't get online. Then I couldn't get online via 4G or even 3G either.

So I plugged it back in and figured I'd try again in the morning. Except on Friday morning, it wouldn't turn on. At all.

Took it back to the Verizon store and they plugged it in but couldn't get it to turn on, either. There was a tiny orange-ish light flashing every so often from behind the speaker at the top, but otherwise, it was dead.

They just swapped it out and this one's fine so far.

My first Thunderbolt died, too.

Got it Thursday night around 6:00pm. When I left the store, I opened the browser just to see how the 4G felt. Got home, plugged in the phone to charge it up.

Later that night, when I tried to set up WiFi at home, it took the settings, and said it connected, but I couldn't get online. Then I couldn't get online via 4G or even 3G either.

So I plugged it back in and figured I'd try again in the morning. Except on Friday morning, it wouldn't turn on. At all.

Took it back to the Verizon store and they plugged it in but couldn't get it to turn on, either. There was a tiny orange-ish light flashing every so often from behind the speaker at the top, but otherwise, it was dead.

They just swapped it out and this one's fine so far.

Good luck with the new one. I haven't had any problems yet.

Fingers crossed.

I'm having the same issue, Tech support said wait till morning and see if it reconnects to a network. Right now I have no icons on the top (no 1X, 3G or 4G) It will make calls but no data.

Tech support had me turn it off twice, pull out the battery and power it off while they reset it. It was working fine in the 4G area tonight but on my way home I left a 4G area and it won't pickup the 3G here in my area.

Seems like I am having a network "handoff" issue. I really want to like this phone, but its becoming very frustrating. Right now its as useful as a really big dumbphone. :icon_eek:

It looks like this problem is not at all uncommon. My phone worked flawlessly when I left the Verizon store. I had a client meeting immediately after I left the store and as soon as that meeting was over I had no cellular data. I was back in the Verizon store less than 2 hours from when I left with my new phone.

I had already tried rebooting and toggling all the radios on and off which, of course, did nothing. If this happened a few weeks into using the phone I'd have continued trouble shooting and eventually would have restored the phone to the factory state, but since it was only two hours old I took it back to the store. I wanted a new phone but they insisted I leave it there for a half hour while they restored it. reluctantly I agreed but that did fix the problem.

It's just over 24 hours later now and knock on wood but data has worked since then. I have had a few minor glitches that were hard to wrap my head around. For instance an Audible download froze after downloading 19% of an audiobook but I could still surf the web while it was frozen. I had to restart Audible to get the download to resume. I'm not sure what to make of this but it happened twice.

Mine lost data connection too about an hour after leaving the store. I reported and turned off all radios even spent a while on the phone with tech support. They couldn't help. I finally did a factory reset and have had no problems since.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Back