Documents to Go

Anomander

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I have been sitting on this app debating if I should order it. The price was to high since I was not sure how much I would use it outside of fantasy football season. Well they are now running a Holiday sale through 12/6 and it is only $9.99. I just wanted to spread the word since that is a heck of a price. Had no problems looking at my Fantasy football Leagues roster :) after I purchased this. Damn I love this phone:heart::motdroidvert:

I had Docs to go on my Treo 755P and used it all the time. A very easy program to learn. I have it on my Droid but am struggling with how to transfer/sync. Any info would be appreciated. A great buy at $9.99. I am also looking forward to seeing Splash Suites on Droid.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I have been sitting on this app debating if I should order it. The price was to high since I was not sure how much I would use it outside of fantasy football season. Well they are now running a Holiday sale through 12/6 and it is only $9.99. I just wanted to spread the word since that is a heck of a price. Had no problems looking at my Fantasy football Leagues roster :) after I purchased this. Damn I love this phone:heart::motdroidvert:
Yes, I posted on this a few days ago - I had also purchased it for the $9.99. I had been using it for years on my Palm, and am happy to report it works like a charm on my Droid. I would have paid the twenty nine bucks, (or twenty five) but will not complain about only ten bucks! ;)

I use it for my Word and Excel documents for my work - it was a seamless install and I'm so happy to not having to carry a Palm in addition to my cell now. :)

mikey

How do you sync word and excel documents? I have brought some individual items over, but I'm trying to do a folder and having problems.

Not sure. All I did was open an email attachment. Call me crazy, but I am not seeing an option to save email attachments to my Droid at all? You would think you could have that option with Gmail, but I see nothing. I can "preview" my attachment with no problems. I hope that if this is not option that it will become one down the road.

Not sure. All I did was open an email attachment. Call me crazy, but I am not seeing an option to save email attachments to my Droid at all? You would think you could have that option with Gmail, but I see nothing. I can "preview" my attachment with no problems. I hope that if this is not option that it will become one down the road.

You have to open the attachment (fetch) and then once it's open you click on the "menu" button (the 4-line button between the go-back arrow and the home button) and then you can save from there. It's an extra step what is logical, but that's what you have to do. Good luck.

Yeah, use K9 mail for better file handling. Another user here with K9 and Docs to Go. It took a couple days to take over as the default file handler, oddly, but seems to be fine now. Only problems I've had so far are that the excel viewer doesn't handle text wrapping or formulas. Does read office 2007 though, which is great.

I got it for the $9.99 back in early Dec. Well worth it - even if you had to pay full price (but don't - just message them, they'll drop the price as they did for me).. cuskit

Docs to Go is ver useful, even if you don't actually use it to edit documents. It allows you to save any kind of file you get as an attachment to an email..something the Android email client is incapable of doing for anything but JPG files. That one feature was worth the price of admission, to me.

I bought it back in December when they had it on sale. Well worth it and I only have used it as a PDF reader! I still haven't checked out Word/Excel/Powerpoint files yet!

Excel is really kool, does all the formulas and everything. Power Point works well, too, but it doesn't work with custom animations you might put in a presentation. It just displays all the drawings and animations at once in a static view.

Excel is really kool, does all the formulas and everything. Power Point works well, too, but it doesn't work with custom animations you might put in a presentation. It just displays all the drawings and animations at once in a static view.

I've noted this on another thread but it's worth repeating here. I've had cases where excel files would not open in Docs2Go. I suspect that the problem lies in the program that creates the .xls file. Knowing the fellow who sends me these files, I suspect he's using Google's (or another 3rd party's) emulation of excel.

The solution is pretty simple, though a bit of a pita.

() From a computer with excel installed, open the document in the gmail you received. .

() Save as an excel document.

() Email the saved .xls to your gmail account.

Once it has been converted to a "true" excel file, Docs2Go opens it flawlessly. "True" excel seems to be a bit more tolerant of faux .xls files than Docs2Go. I've only encountered the problem with excel spreadsheets, but I suspect it might exist with other file types that appear to created by Microsoft apps but are actually the output of sources like Open Office.

Last edited:
Back