Does DROID play wave files stock or with a custom rom?

pinesal

Reaction score
When my sister got her DROID, I was a good brother and rooted her phone and installed a custom rom. Jrummy's CyanogeMod 6.xx I think. We yesterday I updated her to the newest FROYO build from Jrummy and now she is complaining to me that wav files don't work anymore.

No I don't know the details of her problem but something about her getting voice mails sent to her gmail in the form of a wave file and she says they played before I updated and now they don't

I have never tried to play a wave file on my phone and I've heard that they don't play on DROID anyway but maybe a custom rom or some app can enable playback?

Or maybe 2.1 was able to play wavs and Froyo is not?

Last edited:
Certain encodings of wave files work but some do not. CyanogenMod has some enhanced support for .wav files over the stock, including 2.2.

My brother went through the same thing....his voicemail would come to him from his Vonage phone as a .wav and his phone stopped playing them when he switched from CyanogenMod to Froyo.

I found an app on the market for $2.99 that plays them just fine so he bought that...can't remember what it was though....

Ok thanks. Will try the app. I guess I did switch from a Cyanogenmod to Froyo and that's what broke it.

Back