Download the ICS leak or wait for OTA

johnfish

Reaction score
I am not a rooter and am not really interested in being one. However I have benn waiting for ICS since April when I first got the phone I am getting tired of waiting. Is there any real point to waiting any longer? It is obvious that it will be mid July or probably much later before we see the OTA. Is there any real advantage to waiting?

John

If you wait you might not end up with a paperweight.:p

But really it's your phone... Do what you gotta do.

Sent from a Rezound with tapatalk 2

Easy there fella, this is easy to download and will not harm your phone, :hail:ICS is fantastic.

Last edited:
And it is nothing like rooting your phone. Here is the Easy 12 step process.

Here are the Step by Step Install Instructions for ICS:

Link to the Download: http://www.talkandroid.com/116546-latest-ics-leak-for-the-htc-rezound-looks-to-be-near-official/

1. Go to the market and install Solid Explorer to your Rezound "it's a file utility app".
2.PLug in Rezound to Computer via USB, and choose Use as Disk drive option, not charge only option, now give it a few sec for computer to recognize the drives, now go to my computer and you will see two extra drives, one is the Internal and one is the external SD drive on your Rezound, if you don't know which is which, just right click on it and check out it's properties to see the size of it, it should help you figure out which is the SD card one.
3.Now go to the link I have posted in this thread "post #2" and download the latest ICS leak "pretty much official".
4.After downloading the file, go to the folder where you downloaded it, put your mouse pointer on the file and right click on it, the file will be highlighted in blue and a box will pop up "scroll down to the line that says Rename, it is the second from last", now left click on that, now the box will disapear and the file will be highlighted in blue, take your mouse pointer and place it on top of the file in front of the letter P, now left click and with your backspace button erase all the numbers that are in front of the P, after doing that do the same and erase anything behind the letter G, the file shall look like this PH98IMG , now right click on it and there will be a box that comes up, scroll down to Send to, another box will come up with locations that you want to send file to, scroll down to the location of your external SD card on your Rezound "mine showed up as H, "Rezound needs to be plugged in via USB as a Hard Drive "NOT charge only", after scrolling down to the drive you want the file to be send to left click on the desired file, file should now be installed on your Rezounds SD card.
5.Uplug Rezound from PC, give it at least 30 sec to reformat the SD card, now go to the File utility you installed from the Market, once opened, scroll down to the black SD card image "that is your external SD card" click on it, now scroll all the way down to the last file which should read PH98IMG.zip at 603mb. If that is what you see then you are good to GO BABY, ICS is only half plus hr away.
6. Go and Uncheck Fast boot option, it's in System settings, it is "crucial" you do this, once unckecked go back to home screen and POWER DOWN DEVICE.
7. Open the back of Device and REMOVE the BATTERY for 1 minute.
8.Put back battery and cover "Make sure Cover is tight.
9.Press the Volume button down "volume down" do not let it go and press the Power Button.
10.Put Rezound down "LEAVE IT ALONE" the ICS process is on it's way "it will ask you a couple of times to continue with a certain process,at which time you will press the power button so it can continue", device will Reboot twice, LEAVE IT ALONE, till you see the home screen lock button ring with the stock wallpaper.
11.After ICS is installed, I suggest to Reboot device at least once.
12. ENJOY ICS.

Special NOTE: You will lose any of your SMS, so I suggest you load an SMS backup tool from the market like SMS Backup+. And do a contacts backup before you do Install ICS. Once your phone is updated it will run you through the basic setup, from Gmail to contacts, just do it like you would do to a new phone.
If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Last edited:
If you install the latest leak, does it have any effect on your contract/warranty? Can you go back to GB when the OTA comes and is a newer version but won't download due to you having the leak (I know nobody knows for 100% sure having the leak that you can still get the OTA)?

Thanks in advance!

Josphe72 said:

So I'm wondering if there is anyone with the Razr that has downloaded the leaked ice and then received the Official OTA and paperweighted their phone

The OTA will download, must likely it will be the same "as this leak works like a charm", and I don't think you can go back, but why on Earth would you want to do that. By the way, you could be waiting till the end of Summer to get the OTA, by then the phone is already one years old.

The OTA will download, must likely it will be the same "as this leak works like a charm", and I don't think you can go back, but why on Earth would you want to do that. By the way, you could be waiting till the end of Summer to get the OTA, by then the phone is already one years old.

The ONLY reason I would want to go back is if I couldn't get the OTA (if the version is newer and has key upgrades that the latest leak doesn't offer). I realize from reading many posts how good the leak is and is probably the OTA version, I am just trying to cover all bases here.

Last edited:
phantompain09 said:
The ONLY reason I would want to go back is if I couldn't get the OTA (if the version is newer and has key upgrades that the latest leak offers). I realize from reading many posts how good the leak is and is probably the OTA version, I am just trying to cover all bases here.

Fear not, this thing is butter smooth. If they decided not to do an OTA, it would not matter. Since this is on the same Kernel, I am sure the OTA and whatever else is on there would load just fine. Don't forget, this is an HTC leak.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

Fear not, this thing is butter smooth. If they decided not to do an OTA, it would not matter. Since this is on the same Kernel, I am sure the OTA and whatever else is on there would load just fine. Don't forget, this is an HTC leak.

Definitely more reassuring for me, thanks. One quick question, again I know nobody knows this for sure but in anyone's opinion, what about any future upgrades to ICS that Verizon provides OTA? Anyone think that it will be an issue to get an updated version?

Loading it now - I see the date, Oct 4, 2011 - so this is already 9 months old - talk about being behind the times in the technology world..........

EDIT: Now after the first boot while loading I see April 12, 2012 - I guess that is a bit better......

Piece of Cake - now just have to set the phone up again - Thanks cybertech69 for making this so easy.

Piece of Cake - now just have to set the phone up again - Thanks cybertech69 for making this so easy.
Yea, that's the only downside "not for me and many others in here of course" to this:hail: ICS download, but I have a feeling that Verizon is having a hard time getting all your apps to stay as is "and they don't want to get a boat load of calls about, OMG:mad:I have to reset all my app and such:biggrin:, 98% of people who own this phone are clueless:blink: on how things work on smartphones, I have a few relatives and friends who fit that description:biggrin:.

So to go from GB to the official OTA ICS one must be on the latest official GB. So, if .10 is not the released ICS one might be out of sync to get the next ICS update? Causing them to jump through some hoops to get back in sync?

Back