Droid 1 BRICKED

hiho322

Reaction score
My phone was fine, except that since getting Froyo a month or two ago, there was a bit more of a battery drain. Well, yesterday, around noon, my phone stopped working: no email, texting, service, Weatherbug, nothing. And when I powered off and back on, the time changed, as well as the date. So suddenly, it was 4 1/2 hours behind, as well as New Year's Eve!!!! WTF? I called Verizon from my landline phone and tried to rectify the problem, but all those dimwits would tell me was to do a factory reset. They had nothing else to offer me. Obviously, I wasn't going to do that and have to start all over again! Any ideas? I am sick about this, and now, completely cut off from my business, unless I call my vm from another phone. Help!

Your phone is by definition not bricked at all, and yes, a factory reset is the first best recourse for you right now. Sorry.

Stock rom, not rooted.

Have you tried a battery pull? While the phone is on, pull off your battery cover, then pull the battery out. Replace and restart.

If that doesn't fix it, do a factory reset. Your apps will be saved by Google via the market..it knows what you downloaded in the past. Syncing will reset up your contacts too. Resetting up your phone isn't that hard, especially if you aren't rooted. If the phone acts up still, then there's a serious problem and you'd have to take it in to Verizon...

My phone was fine, except that since getting Froyo a month or two ago, there was a bit more of a battery drain. Well, yesterday, around noon, my phone stopped working: no email, texting, service, Weatherbug, nothing. And when I powered off and back on, the time changed, as well as the date. So suddenly, it was 4 1/2 hours behind, as well as New Year's Eve!!!! WTF? I called Verizon from my landline phone and tried to rectify the problem, but all those dimwits would tell me was to do a factory reset. They had nothing else to offer me. Obviously, I wasn't going to do that and have to start all over again! Any ideas? I am sick about this, and now, completely cut off from my business, unless I call my vm from another phone. Help!

I had something similar happen to me shortly after the Froyo update. One day, my phone just froze. Pulled battery and rebooted but no dice. Reset did nothing other than make it work for a few minutes and then locked up again. The local VZW flashed the OS onto it again and same thing. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I was sent a Droid 2 as replacement even though I wanted a D1 again.

TexasPI, yeah, I tried the battery pull, still nothing. Date actually stuck on Dec. 31, 1969!!! Everyone I knoew who has a Droid 1 is having probs since the Froyo update - maybe there are simply some bugs that affect this model only? Either that, or Verizon thought it's high time we coughed up some more money and upgraded :-( So I asked for a Droid 2 replacement (not happy about a factory refurb, but they promised to replace it if it turns out to be a lemon). Pros and cons of the 2 vs. the 1?

Back