Droid 2 battery life sucks. What can I do?

Stupid

Reaction score
I have Droid 2 Global from Verizon. Besides the email not syncing issue, the battery life is driving me crazy. Mine won't last for a day. I tried two different batteries and got the same thing. Right now, it's 2 hours after I take it off its charger, I only have 70% left.

My screen display brightness is at the lowest.
My GPS, WIFI, anything you can image is turn off

I only use to check emails and do some occasional web browsing.

What else can I do?

Last edited:
Moved to the Droid 2 general discussion section.

Yep, it sucks on all Droids.

All you can do really is purchase a back up battery on Amazon for about 8.00, then see if you can find a wall charger on ebay for about 5.00. Battery complaints have more threads on it then any other subject in this Forum. Maybe purchase a cradle to set it in so it will charge at your desk when not using it. Since it has a lithium battery you don't have to let it run out to charge, you can charge it anytime.

You can try changing this setting, changing that setting. It will only frustrate you more and limit your enjoyment of your Droid.

That's my recommendation.

Hook has some good advice there. The extra battery with charger and a cradle is a good idea and you will have more time to enjoy the droid this way. There are even spare battery chargers on amazon for about $10 and spare batteries for about $4-$10. Just charge the spare one then pop it in when the stock one dies. I hope this can help you

Wrd dude im right there w. U my battery sux n for it makes me hate the damn fone I shoulda stayed w. My blackberry

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Does it really suck on all Droids? I went from a 1 to a 2, and I have never had battery problems, even while overclocking. That's weird...

I got the droid 2 and it sucks from the time I been on my fone n talkin on this form for 15mins cuz I just got outa class it went down 10 percent no joke

So far, the best solution is NOT use it. Compared to my Verizon Blackberry, whose battery life sucks too, Droid 2 is at the rock bottom!

Turn off background data sync from settings get advanced task killer but only kill youtube and browser and games don't kill all the other stuff that always runs once your screen is on there is no point they just keep comming back just put them on your ignore list

I got the droid 2 and it sucks from the time I been on my fone n talkin on this form for 15mins cuz I just got outa class it went down 10 percent no joke

It goes down in 10% increments so really it could of only been from 100 to 99%. Try the extended battery I get an average of 28 hours over clocked.

The Droid battery decreases much faster when you've just purchased it. When you buy a Droid, it takes a while before you put it down.

The Droid battery decreases much faster when you've just purchased it. When you buy a Droid, it takes a while before you put it down.

Heh, this is truth.

Also I noticed with my D2 that the battery seemed to drain very quickly right out of the box. After 5 or 6 charge cycles I can easily make it through the day on a single charge. I carry a USB charge cable and a wall adapter with me in my backpack, so if I ever really need to I can plug in wherever.

Heh, this is truth.

Also I noticed with my D2 that the battery seemed to drain very quickly right out of the box. After 5 or 6 charge cycles I can easily make it through the day on a single charge. I carry a USB charge cable and a wall adapter with me in my backpack, so if I ever really need to I can plug in wherever.

Out of the box for a couple of weeks mine was horrible, it would hog up battery power like crazy. Now I can easily get a whole day with frequent web browsing, texting and a few calls in between. I rooted, installed a ROM, overclocked, and froze unwanted preloaded apps..........maybe all that did the trick?

Directly from a D2

I did a lot of reading and research about battery life before I got my Droid 2. Yeah, there are all the things like WiFi, GPS, screen brightness, etc that can be turned off, but there are many other things that use battery. Automatic updating on apps, a task killer if one is being used, just to name a couple. I was very careful when I set up my Droid. I paid attention to every app and what it does, I turned off all the usual suspects, and my battery life is fine. I can talk, text my girlfriend, surf the web, install apps and my battery will still last all day and well into the night. I charge it when I go to bed, and when I get up in the morning I take it off the charger. I took it off the charger at 8AM this morning, have used it all day, and it's now 11:15 PM here and it's still on 30% battery left. I'm quite happy with mine. It's all in how it's set up.

I'm also rooted and overclocked and have apps frozen with Titanium Backup... :)

Back