Droid 2 OTA Update soon?

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the Droid 2 will get its next OTA update?

Personally, im not looking for much in the form of new features, i just want all the bugs to be fixed.

Personally, im not looking for much in the form of new features, i just want all the bugs to be fixed.

Next update will be 3.0, Gingerbread. There is no estimate as to when this will occur. And that could be subject to change since the issue came up about security with the locking system. Maybe a fix will go out before 3.0.

No one really knows.

Next update will be 3.0, Gingerbread. There is no estimate as to when this will occur. And that could be subject to change since the issue came up about security with the locking system. Maybe a fix will go out before 3.0.

No one really knows.

No, that's not what I meant. When is the next OTA update for the Droid 2?

For example, when i got my droid 2, there was a small update i had to download/install a day after i got it. It was still android 2.2 before the update and after the update.

I'm not talking about when will the next Android update come out.

Hook did answer - "Maybe a fix will go out before 3.0...No one really knows" and no one does really -

It is not even sure that 3.0 will be G/B maybe it will be HoneyComb or IceCream and G/B will be 2.3 or 2.5 - only time will tell

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

I understood what you said. My answer remains the same.

Like I said they may do a security fix, but other then that don't expect any additional updates until Gingerbread comes out.

I don't know what kind of phone you had previously but generally speaking there are no OTA updates until an OS update occurs.

Hook did answer - "Maybe a fix will go out before 3.0...No one really knows"

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

It appears as if he's talking about Google issuing an update to all Android devices though. An OTA update specifically for the Droid 2 would have to come from Motorola.

What is it you are hoping to gain from an OTA are you having some bugs ?

I understood what you said. My answer remains the same.

Like I said they may do a security fix, but other then that don't expect any additional updates until Gingerbread comes out.

I don't know what kind of phone you had previously but generally speaking there are no OTA updates until an OS update occurs.

So then it's very likely that Motorola will not release any updates for the Droid 2 until the next major Android release from Google?

What is it you are hoping to gain from an OTA are you having some bugs ?

I can think of a few bugs off the top of my head. One would be how my phone will randomly decide to stop using 3G when im using the web browser, or other internet application. It only does that every once in a while, but more than enough to be note worthy. Another issue is incorrect facebook syncing issues. the facebook pictures are outdated and still show the contact picture from when i first activated my phone. i've noticed the phone can get very laggy when receiving a decent amount of text messages. another issue, which i don't really care much about, but i thought i should mention it, is that sometimes when my phone has almost a full charge, the red light LEd indicator will turn on when i shut the screen off. it's only supposed to turn on when my battery is low.

another issue, whenever i open the gallery app, almost half the time i open it the top left folder (called camer roll) will be blank. to fix this, you have to leave the app, and re open it.

one issue, that i consider pretty major, is the bluetooth voice recognition problem. several people that i have talked to on the phone, say that they have trouble hearing me and that my voice is fuzzy only when im using my bluetooth headset. I have one bluetooth headset, and a bluetooth stereo thing in my car, and my brother has a bluetooth headset that i borrowed to test if it was just my bluetooth equipment. the issue comes up in all three bluetooth pieces so it's not an issue with the headsets, its an issue with the phone's bluetooth module.

Another issue would be corp email sync with Exchange 2003.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

An OTA specifically made to fix the bugs in the Droid 2 would be very much appreciated from motorola

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid 2 Update at Midnight!!!!

So the rumor has it that the droid 2 will see a update to the system 2.3.20 as of midnight i tried it now and obviously its not the east coast time or its because im rooted. My question is do i have to unroot my phone to be able to push the update to my phone? All i have on my phone is the root so i can tether for ree i havent changed any roms or kernals, please let me know if i need to unroot my phone, im dying just thinking about getting gingerbread. Thanks droidforums.net users for the quick responses that i know ill be getting.

Cheers!!!!

Quite possibly! I wouldn't bank on the update being Gingerbread though as none of the other devices have it yet either. I'm sure we'll see a changelog shortly..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Back