Droid 4 stuck on "Charge Only"

NoMojo99

Reaction score
Just got my Droid 4 a few days ago and I could plug it in to the PC and mount the SD card and transfer files just fine. The last time I plugged it in I clicked on "Charge Only" from the notification menu and now every time I plug it into the PC it doesn't give me the options menu to select USB Mass Storage, it only charges the battery, I tried a full factory reset and still no luck.

:angry:

Just got my Droid 4 a few days ago and I could plug it in to the PC and mount the SD card and transfer files just fine. The last time I plugged it in I clicked on "Charge Only" from the notification menu and now every time I plug it into the PC it doesn't give me the options menu to select USB Mass Storage, it only charges the battery, I tried a full factory reset and still no luck.

:angry:

Are you saying that you can't pull down the status bar and select USB Mass Storage?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Pull down the notification bar.

click on USB

and then select USB Mass Storage

It wouldn't even give me the pull down menu option, all it would do is charge the battery, I took it to my local Verizon store and they messed with it for a bit and finally ended up giving me a new phone. They said they haven't seen anything like that before.

Having the Same Problem!!!!!

Once I set my Droid 4 to "Charge Only" I can't get it off! I'm using the cord that came with the phone, but it still won't work. There is nothing in the notification bar that indicates the USB is even connected, however the phone charges like normal. Since I can't seem to find a way to turn off of "charge only" mode, I can't transfer files to my phone via my USB. This is really annoying as I am currently visiting a friend in the country who has NO cell reception! Does ANYONE know how to get my phone off of this ludicrous "charge only" mode long enough for me to transfer some files????

That sounds like an issue with you computer, I would try re downloading the drivers for your phone

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

Back