Droid Bionic does not wake from sleep

Graymayre

Reaction score
This happens to me infrequently. Long pressing power does nothing, battery pull only option. Don't know if it is still on with a black screen, as I have not tested anything.
Anyone else get this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Funny you should post this...this exact same thing just happened to me. Black Screen of Death I'm hearing people talk about possibly? Had to do a battery pull.

I have had the Bionic for about two weeks and have suffered from this issue daily since day one. I read on a forum "somewhere" that is has to do with the screen timeout setting. The solution being to set your screen timeout to "Never" and turn the back light off with the power button. I tried this and haven't had the issue since. I understand by a Verizon rep that this is on their bug fix OTA coming out in early November. :icon_ devil:

i have had mine since the release date and havent had this problem....until 10/16. its happend 4 times since then. at first i thought the batter just died(which was weird because it was at 60%, but it has died that fast before). but after having it on the charger for an hour, nothing. pulled the battery and it started up no problem. havent had the chance to take it back to verizon yet.

Mine is doing this also. Oddly, there will be a flashing indicator like an e-mail or text notification flashing, but the screen won't come up. Only battery pull helps. It's almost like getting more than 1 notification at a time sometimes sends it this way.

for the last few days, i cant make my phone stay turned off. I went to turn my phone off completely the other day and a few minutes later, i hear/feel it turning on. for about an hour everytime i would turn the power off, it would turn on a few minutes later. thing has a mind of its own.

That is weird. K, I've had enough issues so far, they need to roll out this update.

I've also had this issue... hope some firmware fix improves all the problems i'm having with this handset

My fiance got a Bionic just about three weeks ago, and she's also experiencing the same issue as all of you. The only way she can get the screen to turn on is to pull the battery, which is difficult to do with the case she has on it. I've just adjusted the screen timeout value to 'Never', so hopefully this workaround is effective until a fix is pushed out.

So after talking to her more about it yesterday, and having her remove the screen protector that was covering a sensor, I found out that she didn't have any issues with the screen not coming back on until the recent OTA patch was pushed. A few minutes later, she got another black screen! I've read on other forums that Pandora could be a culprit, so I had her remove the app last night. If it happens again today, she's going to try and reseat her SIM card when she takes the battery out. Is anyone else still experiencing the problem?

So after talking to her more about it yesterday, and having her remove the screen protector that was covering a sensor, I found out that she didn't have any issues with the screen not coming back on until the recent OTA patch was pushed. A few minutes later, she got another black screen! I've read on other forums that Pandora could be a culprit, so I had her remove the app last night. If it happens again today, she's going to try and reseat her SIM card when she takes the battery out. Is anyone else still experiencing the problem?

I am having the same intermittent black screen problem that only a battery pull will fix. I thought the OTA patch was supposed to fix that problem but it happened to me just a few hours after I got my patch (ouch)!

I am having the same intermittent black screen problem that only a battery pull will fix. I thought the OTA patch was supposed to fix that problem but it happened to me just a few hours after I got my patch (ouch)!

Yeah, I've come across a lot of speculation on several forums regarding apps that may not play well with the Bionic. So far she hasn't had a BSOD at all today, so we'll see how things go. We may be making an exchange this weekend if we can't get to the bottom of it this week.

Yeah, I've come across a lot of speculation on several forums regarding apps that may not play well with the Bionic. So far she hasn't had a BSOD at all today, so we'll see how things go. We may be making an exchange this weekend if we can't get to the bottom of it this week.

I think software compatibility issues are a perennial bane of computer devices. What irks me is when you have these and other problems right out of the box. Whatever happened to "quality control"? Good luck with the BSOD issue.

I think software compatibility issues are a perennial bane of computer devices. What irks me is when you have these and other problems right out of the box. Whatever happened to "quality control"? Good luck with the BSOD issue.

Indeed. Thanks! Same to you.

Back