Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This is an exploit designed to root the Droid 3 by Dan Rosenberg at vulanfactory.org. Yes, you read that right, BBCrackman and team have managed to convince their source to let them attempt to root their Bionic using the method outlined to root the D3. As you can see by the photo we have achieved permanent root access to the Bionic. If youre interestested in knowing more you can jump into this thread and see how it was done. Thanks again to Dan Rosenburg for providing the method in which to accomplish this and thank you to our source for letting us attempt this on their Bionic.

Click here to view the original image of 569x342px.
bionicroot.png

Droid Bionic is Rooted

Last edited:
Nice, at least Bionic owners have the option to remove the 58 pieces of bloatware crap it will come with!

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!

*customized tapatalk signature*

Yeah, root is all I really care about. Bionic has more than enough power, I think, that flashing a rom shouldn't be necessary (I never got into all the UI and other tweaks, I flash roms for speed and performance).

Still not gonna do much in terms of battery life being sucked out of it from the dual cores.

The OMAP is supposed to be pretty good on battery from what I understand. Battery life overall seems to be pretty good on the Bionic, from everything I've read anyway.

I'm getting it either way, lol :-D

*customized tapatalk signature*

If the Bionic's screen looks like monkey-butt, I'll wait for the next Nexus phone.

Wow, that was fast haha! So much for being locked down.

Still not gonna do much in terms of battery life being sucked out of it from the dual cores.

Actually, that's the purpose of multiple cores. They split up the workload, leading to increased performance at a lower cost to power consumption. You're carrying your new 50+ inch flatscreen up the stairs; you've got it, but your sweating (overheating). You can't really handle anything else at this point. Instead you have your buddy helping you. The things now so light you can probably take a hand off to answer a call...on your Bionic? Eh? You like how I integrated the two? ;) lol

great news...i wish we had confirmation about whether or not the Prime is a nexus device since that should be unlocked from day 1...would make the choice easier. i agree with the earlier poster that ROMs really won't be as necessary since it's powerful enough, but I do want to create themes so a rooted device is a must for me

Back