Droid Eris Randomly Restarting/Rebooting

rcn5008

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just got my Droid Eris on December 26th. Overall, I've been pleased with the device but lately (as in the past 2 days), I have been getting a lot of random restarts of the device. They are not from doing any particular activity (like starting a particular application) or anything. I will just be browsing contacts or a webpage and the phone's screen will go to the HTC logo and reset. This is obviously a very large annoyance and I tried pulling the battery which unfortunately did not help. I'm to the point now where the phone resets at least 6-8 times a day.

Lastly, I also tried uninstalling my applications which didn't help either.

Should I be trying to get a new phone from verizon or do you guys believe this is a software issue? Also, what happens if I bring my Eris to Verizon and I can't get them to exchange it because it won't freeze at that particular time?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

I've had mine since the 24th with no issues. I'd buck for a replacement. HTC can take yours, refurbish it and sell it as refurbed.

Me too

That happened to me a couple of weeks back. I just brought it to the tech department at the Verizon store, and asked them if they heard of that. They had a new phone in my hands before I could say boo.

Wow guys thanks for the quick replies! I can tell I'm going to like this forum already.

I will try to get a replacement either today or tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

I took my Eris back to Verizon yesterday and without any hesitation they gave me a new phone. I have had this one for a little over 24 hours and I haven't had any resets or reboots with mostly the same applications installed. Hopefully this stability continues and if it does, I will be thouroughly pleased with this phone.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys, I look forward to being a bigger part of these forums in the future.

Back