Droid FAILURE-Cant purchase british pound apps only american

R

richz

I have a visa prepaid card and i am only allowed to purchase American money apps, Droid fails ONCE again. FML.
if there is a solution to this would be GREATLY appreicated and would completely change my views on this phone

EDIT: I CANT BUY CERTAIN APPS BECAUSE OF THE DROID MARKET NOT ALLOWED ME. IF IT WAS LIKE THE IPHONE, ALL APPS WOULD BE THE SAME. ALSO, I CANT CALL MY BANK AS THIS IS A PREPAID CARD NOT A CREDIT CARD

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same thing - call your bank. They are denying the charge for fraud protection. Ask them to remove it.

Works like a charm :icon_ banana:

I have a visa prepaid card and i am only allowed to purchase American money apps, Droid fails ONCE again. FML.
if there is a solution to this would be GREATLY appreicated and would completely change my views on this phone

And how exactly is this a droid failure???

Its not the phone, transactions in foreign currency aren't allowed by prepaid cards.....I have tried purchasing items w/ a prepaid card not on my phone and it wouldn't allow the transaction

How is this a failure of the Droid again? Sounds to me like it's your Bank to blame.

I think this site needs a dumpster section.

I have a visa prepaid card and i am only allowed to purchase American money apps,

This is a FAIL on your part not Droid....Call the bank that issued the card....

Yeah while some normal credit cards you really do need to call them and allow the transactions for that because sometimes it is picked up in the fraud department. I do agree i don't think they allow for currency exchange on prepaid cards. I think the reason for this is because if you use it solely out of country they add a currency exchange tax or surcharge to it. Which I don't believe is allowed on prepaid cards.

Would have to put the blame on something other then the droid at this point though.

The droid is not a marketplace, that is google who controls that. Motorola is suppose to roll out an app store soon though.

Last edited:
I have had my Droid for two days and I have bought 2 British Alps so far, so no it is not a failure of the Droid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you could buy apps that are in british pounds...oh well there aren't too many apps in british pounds

You can...With a credit card or a debit card.....NOT a PREPAID Card....
It's that simple.....can't be said any simpler....

I don't know if this is what is causing the problem but I do know that some prepaid cards only work in the country issued...others like an All Access Netspend are worldwide. The company may be rejecting it because it is in a foreign currency.

(Since it is Google's market it should not matter if they are handling it, but just food for thought.)

I thought you could buy apps that are in british pounds...oh well there aren't too many apps in british pounds

I had this problem with my AMEX card. But I used a Visa card that was a prepay card and it worked. It was actually a rebate card from VZW

I had this problem with my AMEX card. But I used a Visa card that was a prepay card and it worked. It was actually a rebate card from VZW
a rebate card? im not understanding this rebate card from vzw?
also, when is this "motorola market" coming

I am able to use my Amex, but I travel Internationally and the card is authorized abroad already :)

a rebate card? im not understanding this rebate card from vzw?
also, when is this "motorola market" coming

When you get a rebate from Verizon it no longer comes in the form of a check. They send you a prepaid rebate card. Like a credit card with only the amount owed to you as usable.

100 dollar rebate = 100 prepaid visa card.

Back