droid keeps crashing

eddybaur

Reaction score
My droid keeps crashing, and freezing. I've reinstalled the os, and have taken the battery out. It still glitches and what I've said above. Im not sure what else I can do. Im pretty sure its a software issue.... I have no idea what's causing it. It happens when texting, browsing the web, and/or using a chat service (gtalk or facebook)

If you've already done a factory reset and it's still happening, it's probably time to take it into a store.

If you've already done a factory reset and it's still happening, it's probably time to take it into a store.

+1, Yep if a a factory data reset doesn't fix it take it back. Droid doesn't do resets

well how am i going to convince them to give me a new phone? The people here are a**holes for replacing phones.....Would saying that it keeps crashing a lot do it?

If it happens as often as you say, you should be able to reproduce it for them.

I am on my 3rd Droid2. Constant freezing, locking up. I am totally unsatisfied with my Droid. I am seriously considering going postal. I have to remove battery atleast 10 times daily to reset. I have another Droid2 coming Monday. My original Droid had no issues till the 2.2 update. Motorola please address these issues.

Boot into recovery

Power on + x , then hit search button on physical keyboard.

You should have a recovery menu.
Wipe data and cache and then reboot.

If you have any anti virus apps or task killers get rid of them because you do not need them.

If after you removed those apps and you did a wipe. If it still does not fix it you can either use rsdlite or elect to go to vzw for a new phone.

Yeah, if it is doing all that then take it back. Sounds like a system malfunction. Hopefully it wont be hard to replace when they see it at the vzw store.

Glad to see this info:

"...then hit search button on physical keyboard."

I've been looking for that info for a while...wondered what had replaced the volume/camera button combo. :)

Back