Droid Overheated and won't turn on

zyphil

Reaction score
I was just browsing and then my droid started heating up. I thought, "This always happens, so wth, ill just continue." And i did. My droid then overheated, and shut off, but it was at 60% Battery life before it went dead. When i came home, i tried various solutions, such as charging it, pulling the battery, and hard resetting. My stock charger worked all last night, and even in the morning, but now it only works if i insert it a certain way. when i charge it from my pc, it charges, but yet it doesn't turn on. any solutions? I have warranty, and i have a stock phone non rooted. But i'm looking to find a solution before going into ordering a new phone, as i am saving that for the last resort. Could it possibly my battery? or is it the phone itself?

Since your not rooted and over clocked, hopefully, it is just your battery. Often, pulling the battery will resolve issues. If not, go back to VZW and ask them to replace the battery.

I agree and think it is a battery related issue. There is no way a stock Droid can overheat to the point of failure. Hell my Droid at 800 Mhz doesn't even break 48c anymore under constant HEAVY use.

Ahh ok, thank you guys. I was worried for a bit.

ditto on every one else, im at 1.25ghz and no problems...

So i checked it in with verizon, and had one of their technicians to look at it. Turns out, it wasn't the battery at all. I guess the phone really died due to the heat. Luckily they're going to ship it tomorrow or on monday free of charge.

It's good that you are getting it replaced. Although I find it odd that it cooked. If I remember correctly the omap soc in the droid should have a thermal failsafe.

Regardless if he had a failsafe set or not the omap soc in the droid should have its' own hardware failsafe.

wow, didnt catch the stock part..
damn, good thing then.
i retract my statement, sounds like hardware issue

if your rooted, in setcpu theres a failsafe profile.. set it to like 250min 550 max, and that way, if it reaches your set temp it will declock until it cools down

Back