Droid voicemail notification must stop

ATHENS4TH

Reaction score
my bar on the top of my droid has that icon that i have a new voicemail and it wont go away. i don't know how to get rid of it. when i dial my VZ voice mail it tells me i have no new messages and i can not clear my notifications:blackdroid:

i dont have google voice so no other forum that i can find is helping me right now

Last edited:
I have the same problem! Help please... I had my voicemail turned off and back on and now the icon won't go away.

can you call your phone from another phone and leave a new VM? Then listen to/delete the VM from your droid at that point?

Just wondering if you delete an actual VM via the phone if that'll help.

The Droid is new to me, however Verizon is not. On my Gz'one, I would have to also look at the missed call log to clear all the icon's after getting a voice mail. So on the Droid I just ran a test. The missed call icon is the red phone handset with white bent arrow and the voice mail icon is the cassette tape looking one. I check the voice mail and that icon went away, but the missed call one is still there. Openned the call log and looked at the missed call and that icon went away. Sure this is not what you are seeing?

I've been expirencing the same problem on VZ voicemail (and that's the only voicemail system I use). Its been there for about a month now, and after looking everywhere for a solution the only conclusions I've came too was factory restoring your phone. There's no way i'm going to do that.

Don't know if this will help or if you have tried it, but when you pull the notification screen down there should be a tab in the upper right side that says "clear". It should clear all notifications.

VM logo

"Clear" doesn't get rid of it, neither does deleting a message from the phone.

I had the same problem... Are any of you using like youmail or anything else for ur voicemail?

This may or may not help with this issue, but try calling your voice mail from your phone and edit your options. There is a setting somewhere (I don't remember the exact key sequence to get there, it may be under personal options,) to turn notification on/off. Try turning it off and see if it goes away, then turn it back on later.

still cant find solution and the little icon will have to stay because nothing is going to work and i m not reseting factory date. still want help

This may or may not help with this issue, but try calling your voice mail from your phone and edit your options. There is a setting somewhere (I don't remember the exact key sequence to get there, it may be under personal options,) to turn notification on/off. Try turning it off and see if it goes away, then turn it back on later.
didnt work

Back